Bamfield Poett Nook 2014- 2015

Jealous guys, nice fish and nice weather! Derby I'd love to but not home until Oct. Good luck Lads!!

wow, hope the warm weather lasts for a couple more weeks. nice fish!

Was out of Bamfield for the weekend. Fished the Rats Nose Saturday...lots of coho from 50' right down to bottom, lots of hatchery ones. No decent sized springs at all. Massive balls of shrimp everywhere out there...hence the coho.

Fished Kirby on the afternoon tide change, no fish for us, saw only 1 teenager boated there, no boats. Fished inside Beal on Sunday morning. Some nice coho and donated a real nice spring to a local seal. Lots of boats along the Wall and lots of small coho there. Nothing bionic to report but great weather.

Just back from annual Bamfield trip. Fantastic, weather was great, fishing was great. 51 weeks and counting. Big thanks to TW, D and Pete.uploadfromtaptalk1410300686949.jpg

Just back from 3 days fishing Poett Nook. There are still some Chinooks in the Sound waters, but not in huge quantities... They start to darken , announcing their fatal trip.

Yesterday morning was crazy in the channel between Bamfield and PoettNook... Coho galore.....
Everybody was catching fish. About 50 boats in all, scattered all over.... Lots of fun for all... Looks like the hot weather will hold for another few days, so get off the couch, and go fishing ;)

thats a wrap

thx to all that came out , another stellar season , ups and downs , but the weather sure made up for it ,
look like ive been in Mexico all summer , nice smooth year for us , everything ran perfectly , kinda nice for a change

had a couple good friends up for a short trip , still lots of coho around , all along the wall down to Sarita ,
hoochies , whites and Army Trucks from 30 to 60 ft , 30-36 in leaders , 300-400 contours for us ( off the beach a bit further was MUCH better ),
we didnt fish much , went later mornings and still did fairly well ,
the odd Chinook , yes , showin there river colors , we had a great kick at them all August in close ,
not alot of Larger Tyee size came in , but alot just under at our docks , August was definately the busiest month over here ,
prob the best month as well as far as production anyway , June and July were tougher inshore for sure ,
but , offshore held plenty of fish all summer long ,

played a little for white meat for 2 hours drift jigging up on a few humps inshore near Uki
starting to find more hali without bein on the hook , lots of by-catch keeps us entertained ,,

anyways , thx to Zelko and Ken for helpin me shut things down , and get the Tub home safely ,
couldnt have done it without you , thx for steppin up !!

good luck to the Tuna Fleet , sounds like things are goin very well for you all..

sum shotz

have a great fall fellas , back in a month or so for some Winter safari , cant wait..

fd

Just Under , came in at just over 70 lbs , nice job Ken N Zelko , they had ta take turns on this one ,
80 feet of water on a jig lol , what a scrap , !!

soon !!!

Has anyone heard if there are still coho in the Alberni Inlet? I was wondering if it was worthwhile to give it a go around Mactush or closer in to Port. Thanks

FWIW was on the Somass this a.m. with approx 25 other fishers, not one bent rod in 2+ hours.

Make it so, hey isn't that tackle convention happening up there, ya right so it's a work thing for you now........ Work comes first!

Make it so, hey isn't that tackle convention happening up there, ya right so it's a work thing for you now........ Work comes first!

I think it's called "product testing" or something like that.......:p:rolleyes:.

We are in the wrong line of work buddy lol.

Haa haaa that tackle testing thing can only get a guy so far.... one must save it for special occasion ..an yes I do have the worlds best job.. ;)

Yup, fav time of the season. No crowds, prawna's are more plentiful, temp's are more conducive to single malt, and hali are still open. Priceless. We will have fun for sure.

Yup, fav time of the season. No crowds, prawna's are more plentiful, temp's are more conducive to single malt, and hali are still open. Priceless. We will have fun for sure.
You have no idea how good all of that(single malt,prawns & hali) sounds when one is sitting at a desk at the grind

Amen there Tide Up. I'm truly blessed to live and work on the Island where we are so close to the play ground. Try not to take it for granted either. Life is short, so work hard, play hard.

Searun maybe we should think about a way to give the summer crowd a glimpse of winter in Barkley if guys are into it...? Its a different gear for sure but still a very cool experience. If people are interested in doing something like that pm me and let me know...

You have no idea how good all of that(single malt,prawns & hali) sounds when one is sitting at a desk at the grind

Weekend at Bernie's in Bami Town was stellar. Weather was stunning, except for the storm overnight. Last 2 days were as warm as most any summer day - it was T shirt warm. Prawning was also excellent.

2014-11-09 10.32.46-3.jpg 2014-11-08 15.21.21.jpg2014-11-09 09.00.18-1.jpg2014-11-08 15.17.52.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-11-09 12.59.36.jpg
    2014-11-09 12.59.36.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 301
Sorry about the upside down pic - still learning how to edit/rotate pictures...as you can see, it was t-shirt and shorts weather...even hoola girl was dancing for joy.

Back