Bamfield lost a great man on Tuesday

Osama Bin Hopper

Pat, the fella that owned and ran the Bamfield General Store on the west side of town passed suddenly on the boardwalk.

Our community is beside itself, many of you had met him, especially if you were with me.

Tragic, wrong, horrible.

RIP Pat Byers - our town will never be the same.

Jeff

I went to high school and partied hard with him in the old days.

RIP Pat

This is sad news. I only met him a couple of times. RIP Pat. My condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's sad news, I enjoyed talking with him over a beer on the boardwalk a few times, he will be missed. RIP Pat.

Sorry to hear that. My condolences to all that will miss him.

My kids both loved pat... More than generous ice cream man than dad would ever allow,, baileys in the morning with him.. Kind words for everyone.. Yes, bamland has lost a good one.. Far too soon ... Rest in peace Pat.. The gatherings for beers,puffs and laughs on the boardwalk will never be the same.. You will be missed my friend!

Very sad news for sure! Pat was a friendly, easy going guy and I know how much he meant to the folks in West Bamfield. Happy Hour will never be the same.
B.

Jeff you couldn't be more right the west side of bamfield has lost a huge part of their community on Tuesday. I was there when this misfortune happened and it definitely was a sad day. I was very fortunate to have met Pat and have some good chats over coffees and some brews, as we've been working for the past month and a half at the coast guard station and your right the boardwalk is not the same. You'll be missed very much Pat, rest in peace and may all your golf games be great ones.

Back