bait brines

M

manitoban

I here adding some milk to the salt brine helps keep the bait shiney,anyone use it?

Ya, but it makes the milk taste like crap!!!
I have experimented with it, but didnt like results. May have just not done it right though.
I find the best results with just removing the bait frome the foam tray, add a layer of salt, replace the bait the way it came out, and add another layer of salt. You can now store up to 6 or 7 trays in your bait box, and they maintain there shape, and keep forever...
Good luck...
Prowler....

I have experimented with it, but didnt like results. May have just not done it right though.
I find the best results with just removing the bait frome the foam tray, add a layer of salt, replace the bait the way it came out, and add another layer of salt. You can now store up to 6 or 7 trays in your bait box, and they maintain there shape, and keep forever...
Good luck...
Prowler....

Good luck...
Prowler....

not regular milk, powdered milk, I have experimented with it but don't like it. It is suppose to add shine to the scales

not regular milk, powdered milk, I have experimented with it but don't like it. It is suppose to add shine to the scales

Ya im with totally on this. Some people worry to much on bait presentation. A couple of years ago when the bait shortage hit the coast, numerous guides (including many on this site) got stuck with scaleless herring that stunk like rotten pumkins. We all srugged our shoulders and plugged our noses and fished this crap for several months. Beside the stink on my hands, I did not find much difference in the amount of action the boat received. That was the Charlottes where fish run rampid, but I carry that mentality into my fishing down here and dont find much differance. I think that we give the fish too much credit sometimes!! (Now that I said that I will never catch another, haha!!)

Ya im with totally on this. Some people worry to much on bait presentation. A couple of years ago when the bait shortage hit the coast, numerous guides (including many on this site) got stuck with scaleless herring that stunk like rotten pumkins. We all srugged our shoulders and plugged our noses and fished this crap for several months. Beside the stink on my hands, I did not find much difference in the amount of action the boat received. That was the Charlottes where fish run rampid, but I carry that mentality into my fishing down here and dont find much differance. I think that we give the fish too much credit sometimes!! (Now that I said that I will never catch another, haha!!)

rodger that geoff that bait sucked butt, but heh the slabs could care less they are too worried about packing on the weight to care, and before you know those warped rollin herrins are catching monster springs, who would have guessed hahahah, anyhow gotta run schools all done and time to get ready for slabslaying this up coming summmer, im outta here!!!!

rodger that geoff that bait sucked butt, but heh the slabs could care less they are too worried about packing on the weight to care, and before you know those warped rollin herrins are catching monster springs, who would have guessed hahahah, anyhow gotta run schools all done and time to get ready for slabslaying this up coming summmer, im outta here!!!!

ok,if milk wont make em shine how bout a can of lucky.thanks for the tips guys i need all the help can get short of following one of you!!!!

ok,if milk wont make em shine how bout a can of lucky.thanks for the tips guys i need all the help can get short of following one of you!!!!

Back