Awesome recipe for any Rock Cod, Lings, etc.

Sculpin

I am a member over on an aluminum boat site and this deceased member (drown due to an anchoring accident) shared a recipe that is quick and easy. I was thinking about him today and decided to post this up as it is really good and will help spread his legacy so to speak. He was an avid fisherman and a very helpfull individual that liked to share his knowledge and experiences.

"OK, Boys!

Here it is, good luck!

1. Take large fish filet or steak (striped bass, yellowtail, salmon, halibut, others -not tunas*) place is beep dish glass or ceramic plate/bowl.

2. Put one heaping spoon of hot/spicy soy bean sause on top of filet. If you like it really spicy go for two spoons.

3. Slice very thin fresh un-cooked ginger about an 1" square worth.

4. Slice very thin scallons (one full stauk).

5. Both go on top of the soy bean sause.

6. Two-Three spoons of Soy Sause over the top of the fish and other stuff.

7. 1/3rd a cup of Chinese cooking wine or your favorate cooking wine in deep dish around filet.

8. Two Table spoons of Virgin Olive Oil over the fish and spices.

9. Place plastic or glass cover over fish and dish and place in rotating microwave.
10. Start cooking at high for 10-minutes and then look out! Wait till you taste this fish! "

May you rest in peace Marty McMillan.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...dad_marty_mcmillan_dies_in_fishing_horro.html

Here is a shot of his kick butt fishing machine that he had built by Ironwood boats here on the West Coast of BC and brought it back to the East Coast States.

2007XiaoMJiPixs025.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

I've made it many times as it is fast and tasty. I know I know I never thought microwaved fish could be good but it is!

Give it a try.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, may give this a try on some yelloweye tonight!

Thanks for the post, I remember reading about Marty's passing after the incident happened. Such a loss to the fishing community.

Microwaving:- haven't tried fish in there yet ..but......I've tried big oysters microwaved ...Awesome!

Poke a few holes in them so they don't explode......nuke for short time......around 30 sec......if they need more you can hit the button again for a few seconds.

Trick is not to overnuke.

If done right....yum-yum.

That looks like a very good recipe that you posted...will try!

Sculpin

Could you elaborate on the soya bean sauce?
Not sure what that is..or do you mean black bean sauce

I use this stuff.........

Lee-Kum-Kee-Chilli-Bean-Sauce-Big.jpg

It is chilli's mixed with soya beans. You can find it in the asian section of most grocery stores.

This is the only fish dish (so far) that I will do in the microwave. I've had people try it and they don't believe me that it is microwaved.

I just cut and pasted the recipe from the AAB site and didn't see all the spelling mistakes Marty had made. Maybe a few wobbly's when he posted it:D.

Gotta try that chit. Still not sold on the nuker though.:p Maybe steamed in a bamboo steamer would work. Or a foil packet on the barby. Looks like a good recipe though.;) eman

Try the dishwasher...best steamed/poached fish ever! just wrap properly. Learned it from a chef at a 5star restaurant.

Yup, I have seen that method posted on several places in the past also.
Holmes, the closest you get to a Dishwasher, is when one of them bumps into you on the way by. LOL

Hey Holmes.. I was waitin for you to post.... I know you're in the industry...HAHA My chef friend does trout and any delicate white fish in a restaurant grade hobart. Try it!!!

It does work....At home with a 8-10 fish. They finish off it the drying cycle.

My parents used to cook chicken under the hood of the station wagen on our way from Vancouver to Oliver.

In my older boat, (a 22.5' Fiberform) that had an I/O with a doghouse cover on the motor, I used to cook entire meals on the motor.

I would cut up potatos, carrots, and onions and wrap them up in a double layer of alluminum foil with a bit of butter, salt and pepper. I would take one of our fresh caught fish and then BBQ it and then haul out the veggie pack and serve. Worked great.

Bobbie Blumer used to do all that dishwasher,engine block cookery. He was and still is the Surreal Chef. That was a great cooking show.;) eman

Not only did my parents cook on the manifold, they used to heat the babies bottle on it also.

nothin says camping like manifold beans and weiners! The dinner of champions back when you could camp at Gordon Beach.

Screw gas or electric, try 351 ford!

Did that on the manifold of the Kershaw Slave tamper I use to run in my younger days on the railway ...just make sure you put a hole in the top of the can..they blow up really good :)

Too funny....I believed you Owen, just crazy funny sh@#! and you to sushihunter.... cookin like that while boatin...LOL bet you don't do that to those beuty tuna's ya catch!!!

Back