Area 14 SFAC meeting Wed. Jan. 28 7-9PM

quote:ave to see how the meeting goes and if the turnout is what it should be....if there is not the number of persons sitting on the area 14 board who could get the word out

So in other words you are NOT willing to help get the word put for this meeting. Thanks a lot- have a nice day.

"There are some that do, and then there are those that just *****"

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Hey CL, I work in Parksville and live in Nanoose and can spread the word. If you would like to PM me with a poster or flyer I would be glad to post in relevant locations from Nanoose to Qualicum Beach.

bigredsnapper-- thanks for the offer.. can you email me at dirt432000@yahoo(nospam).ca as the email function on this board will not work for me.

Appreciate that. Its not exactly that we dont have any representation from your area. We do have two anglers that attend regularily.. but it would be nice if more came as it is a big area.

When you get back to me, I will put together a Word Doc that can be printed out and distributed.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

CL email incoming from me, as I can print some and drop off to a few places around here if you want. GLG

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

quote:ave to see how the meeting goes and if the turnout is what it should be....if there is not the number of persons sitting on the area 14 board who could get the word out

So in other words you are NOT willing to help get the word put for this meeting. Thanks a lot- have a nice day.

"There are some that do, and then there are those that just *****"

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder
And then there are some that just want things to stay the same old way that they have become so accustomed to...again, how many SGAB's meet when the vast majority of those wanting or willing to attend CANNOT....quit beating around the bush and let the truth be told....recently in Gold River their meeting was apparently bursting at the seams as word spread and the Saturday noon meeting worked for most, those who could not attend requested a conference call (or so I've been told)....why is there no contact with other fish and game groups (parksville-qualicum) about this meeting, we have a huge number of outdoor enthusiasts down here....some friends were at the comox fish and game for the antler measurement on the weekend and saw nothing posted there either....would have been a great opportunity to get the word out....nice to see bigredsnapper jump on board to help out....see what can happen when people talk....having a closed shop simply isn't working for the whole of area 14....if you want help things change for the better then get the word out....and DFO are willing to help out, just ask....talked with them today...your negativity towards making some minor changes (evening or weekend meetings) and or making some sort of collective effort by those who sit in on these area 14 meetings to get the word out should be a priority...getting pissed at those who speak up for change is not going to help change come about....explain why weekend or evening meetings don't work other than the lame excuse that the timing is to allow DFO reps to attend...and yes I have probably informed many more people about this meeting than you would ever dream about....make sure you have plenty of chairs

you done bitchin' now

Oh My --what we have here is a perfect example of why your mother told you not to do drugs.... 8 posts to generate such a negative posting. The volunteers on this SFAC have managed to get rid of the boundary bouys at the Big Qualicum,got the BQ river regulations liberalized, got the Puntledge River opened up for chinook, chums and coho, got a beach strip for flyfishing above the Oyster, fought to prevent the alienating of fishing water off Bowser when the scallop farm was dumped there, got a summer closure for commercial crabbing in parts of Area 14 , are working on expanding the shellfish reserves towards French Creek as well at Maplegard Point and Little River. Fought successfully to keep rec fishing opportunities open at Flora Island when the dive community was waving the 6 gill shark around as a reson for closing the area.

We also support Nile Creek Enhancement, Fanny Bay Ehancement, Little River and The Oyster River Enhancement Society, Courtenay Fish and Game Trent River Enhancement ( all who have members on the committee)
Fought for better funding for all Island DFO hatcheries and well as the CEDP ones throught the SFAB Mainboard..

So tell me big mouth--- WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO **** ON GUYS WHO HAVE WORKED TO HELP OUT ALL RECREATIONAL ANGLERS IN AREA 14. ?

Dont bother answering-- I can only take so much ******** in one day GD.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

Oh My --what we have here is a perfect example of why your mother told you not to do drugs.... 8 posts to generate such a negative posting. The volunteers on this SFAC have managed to get rid of the boundary bouys at the Big Qualicum,got the BQ river regulations liberalized, got the Puntledge River opened up for chinook, chums and coho, got a beach strip for flyfishing above the Oyster, fought to prevent the alienating of fishing water off Bowser when the scallop farm was dumped there, got a summer closure for commercial crabbing in parts of Area 14 , are working on expanding the shellfish reserves towards French Creek as well at Maplegard Point and Little River. Fought successfully to keep rec fishing opportunities open at Flora Island when the dive community was waving the 6 gill shark around as a reason for closing the area.

We also support Nile Creek Enhancement, Fanny Bay Ehancement, Little River and The Oyster River Enhancement Society, Courtenay Fish and Game Trent River Enhancement ( all who have members on the committee)
Fought for better funding for all Island DFO hatcheries and well as the CEDP ones throught the SFAB Mainboard..

So tell me big mouth--- WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO **** ON GUYS WHO HAVE WORKED TO HELP OUT ALL RECREATIONAL ANGLERS IN AREA 14. ?

Dont bother answering-- I can only take so much ******** in one day GD.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder
maybe you need to have a big slug of a fine scotch....not asking what you have done, only that you change when you are meeting to allow those who want to have input, and have every &^%)*&^@$# right to be able to attend these meetings and not be shut out ....do you actually think it is a good thing to shut out the vast majority of rec anglers from attending these meetings???? Imagine if you had even more input from a larger group of interested anglers what your group could accomplish..or could have done inn years past....having two people from the parksville sit in on your meetings is fine by me, but if you are going to go through the motions of having an evening meeting to allow ( for the very first time) those who still work for a living to attend, then do it right ....again isn't this about allowing the rec anglers a voice through the sfab to DFO....if you think that the sfab is supposed to be doing something other than that then let us all know....this isn't about me, its about all the others in area 14 who have been left out in the dark for way too long...change what are you so afraid of...just look south of the border and give your head a shake....sorry don't do drugs....I did listen to my mother, bless her soul....you done now...

Wow! I detect high levels of passionate devotion to the cause let us re-direct this to where it can have effect!! Just an observation.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Hookedup what is your point? This meeting is called for everyone to attend. The time is when most people can attend. Notice has been given far enough ahead of time so people can schedule their attendance. The place is large enough to hold a crowd. The word has been getting out through newspaper and Internet. Do you know how SFAB works? I don’t that’s why I am going to the meeting. I am also supporting and trying to move this forward. What are you doing? Trying to tear it down by attacking the people and process.
Focus on what this is all about. We have plenty of problems in regards to fishing and you want to attack the process. Give your head a shake.
GLG

quote:Originally posted by GLG

Hookedup what is your point? This meeting is called for everyone to attend. The time is when most people can attend. Notice has been given far enough ahead of time so people can schedule their attendance. The place is large enough to hold a crowd. The word has been getting out through newspaper and Internet. Do you know how SFAB works? I don’t that’s why I am going to the meeting. I am also supporting and trying to move this forward. What are you doing? Trying to tear it down by attacking the people and process.
Focus on what this is all about. We have plenty of problems in regards to fishing and you want to attack the process. Give your head a shake.
GLG
not attacking the process, trying to simple point out that the area 14 group REGULARLY meets when most cannot attend....what is so hard about that to understand....if the group is having a one time only evening meeting then that will not work and should go to the main board for review....they (the main board) should make the call as to when the meetings are being held and not by the local group who by judging by the comments posted here are simply going through the motions to allow for this one time only meeting....where are you seeing these notices....not one person I have spoken to over the last three weeks or so has seen anything anywhere....certainly not at any of the local tackle shops where hundreds if not thousands of anglers have visited since this meeting was announced...in a column in a comox paper...lot of good that does when you live south of Fanny Bay....on this forum where a very small fraction of the angling public may see it....not at any boat launch or marina where DFO would typically post their notices.....I am also trying to move this forward by informing those who MAY read these posting of the situation with the area 14 group...strange that cuba libre refuses to address the fact that ALL other sfab in the province meet when the average joe can attend...how can you say that I am trying to "tear it down" when in fact I am trying to make the process work for all the anglers who are being shut out of the process by having these meeting scheduled during the day.....can you attend these meeting during the day....will you sacrifice, in these tough times a days wage to attend...give your head a shake...might as well hold them at 3 AM...I think I speak for the majority....you say we have plenty of problems in fishing, well what better way to deal with them then having the anglers have a voice....at this point THEY DO NOT...until we see a regularly scheduled meeting in the evening or on the weekends area 14 anglers will continue to shut out from these meetings and from having their collective voices heard....is this not clear enough to understand...if a company was holding its staff meetings at 3 am or on a day when the majority of it's employees cannot attend, how many of the employees would actually attend....would this company be able to function without valuable input from it's employees....would it not be better off to have a majority of it's employees attend these meeting especially when the company is set up to operate solely from input from it's employees...such is the case with the sfab...at least that is the way it is supposed to work...

Hookedup, You sure have a lot to say.
So lets hear what you want to have discusssed at this meeting that is in Area 14.

Hookedup. OK I see your point. Correct me if I’m wrong.

You feel that our local SFAB is closed to the angling community.
You want change to the process, regular meeting open to the public at times and places that most can go.
You want better notification of said meetings.

I have no problem with your ideas. You’re just not coming across very well.
It might be that I’m getting old and not as sharp as once before.
I to want change within my sport. I have searched out the people and things that can make a difference. I work with them to ease their burden so they can get the job done.
I do thank you for getting the word out in your area. Please keep it up.
GLG

GLG-- dont be fooled by his "consiracy theory" He quit in a huff (before he really contributed anything) a while ago because the committee would not bend over for him-- he tried the same abrasive style as he has here. It does not work with volunteers who try to work through issues on a consensus basis.

Took me a few posts to figure out who he was.

One of the things that will be discussed at the upcoming meeting is how to make the process better. But it should be realized that the Area 14 bunch is a well functioning productive committee. That is proven out by the record of motions that have gone to and been passed by the South Coast Board.

See you at the meeting

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Originally posted by tortuga

GLG, How can I help by attending the meeting?
The way I see it, just by showing up you will help encourage the volunteer board members to keep up the good work. You will have stood up and be counted as a concerned member of our community. You will have educated yourself on the issues that affect our area. You will make contact with others and maybe find a way to contribute to solutions.

CL Ten - Four

Hey Lazoman-- your question about why seiners can fish in RCAs but anglers cant , has been passed over to DFO. The DFO Recreational Coodinator will be providing an answer at the meeting.

BTW-- the Area 14 SFAC normally has a high level of participation from DFO staff. There should be at least 4 at this meeting-- maybe more.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

AGENDA.

SFAC Meeting, January 28th, 7pm. Courtenay & District Fish and Game Club.

Welcome and Introduction of present SFAC members.

SFAB/SFAC process, Questions?

Hatchery final numbers . Puntledge, Big Q, Little Q, Nile Creek,

Trent, Little River , Oyster River ( Englishman escapement?)

Groundfish update inc. Halibut, Lingcod, IPHC meetings.

Shellfish update.

2009 Salmon season forecast.

2008 Area 14 Enforcement actions.

Old Business-- Area 14 Crab request, shellfish reserves.

New Business

Question and Answer Period

Back