Are you ready for another Liberal term?! Will we fish in 2020...

Discussion in 'Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management.' started by StormTrooper, Aug 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cracked_ribs

cracked_ribs Well-Known Member

Hopefully with a new leader and a strategy that offers a coherent and appealing alternative. That was the big mistake this time, I think: we knew the Liberals could not run on their record, but we thought we could.

What is needed is a compelling vision of what Canada should be...unfortunately so many people live in fear of "the cuts" and are so thoroughly dependent on getting subsidized by other taxpayers that it's hard to compete with someone who will shamelessly offer goodies out of the pockets of your better-off neighbours.

But we'd better come up with something because this fight is happening again, soon.

searun, fishin solo, ILHG and 2 others like this.
  2. Port Eliza Fishing

Port Eliza Fishing Active Member

Cons need to get rid of Andy. If he cant win with blackface and SNC Lavalin hes gotta go. Stuck with Wilkinson again in fisheries.

terrin, fishin solo and cohochinook like this.
  3. cohochinook

cohochinook Well-Known Member

Yes Wilkinson won his seat unfortunately!

4. BCRingo

BCRingo Well-Known Member

PPC didn’t even win a single seat. What does that tell us?

5. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

Wilkinson will get the boot for an east coast minister,

The west does not matter

IronNoggin likes this.
  6. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Well-Known Member

Well, I am pretty close on my premonition...way off on PPC.

What I said last Friday is still very close.

"I had the worst premonition ever...Liberal minority, NDP and Block coalition government. Conservative did not form however had good representation. The PPC had more seats than expected outside the swing ridings. The greens had two seats. Trudeau still Prime minister. Let's hope this one I had is totally wrong."

7. SerengetiGuide

SerengetiGuide Well-Known Member

Conservatives won popular vote by 1.5%!

8. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

Ndp lost 17 seats they may not even get a member on the fisheries committee.

9. StormTrooper

WEXIT!

This minority governance will be a shit-storm against people, business and the economy overall.

Sad.

10. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

Wow anyone watch JT victory speech far from the sunyways it was so n 2015.

He’s a changed man

What a fake

Trophy21 and StormTrooper like this.
  11. StormTrooper

Listing to his newest crap right now. Everything that he is speaking of will become an all out assault on the west and the rest of Canada. UN focused.

12. searun

searun Well-Known Member

Ha ha....we have a nation divided, and a dumbie at helm who doesn't worry about the economy or anything that matters in the West so long as he can suction as much out of the west in transfer payments as is needed to buy eastern votes...perfect environment for WEXIT.

Derby, ILHG, SerengetiGuide and 3 others like this.
  13. littlechucky

littlechucky Well-Known Member

Time to stop subsidizing these goofs.

14. halimark

halimark Well-Known Member

I am dumbfounded that a lying stealing sac of crap can trick so many. Love the part about coming for my guns? To make the streets safer. I think in 3 years we will be looking at 2019 as a "good" fishing year.

HM

searun likes this.
  15. searun

searun Well-Known Member

Yup, 2019 will look like a banner year for recreational fishing opportunity compared to what world of hurt is coming our way. I sure hope I'm proven wrong on that point, but experience has taught me that the best predictor of how people will act is how they acted in the past in similar situations. Given that, I predict a Liberal government will act as they have thus far....so get used to less is more.

16. cohochinook

cohochinook Well-Known Member

That's still definitely better than old Johnny boy who doesn't give a rats ass about sportfishing or real measures to help early Fraser Chinook stocks!

terrin likes this.
  17. Admin

Admin Admin Staff Member

With the election now over, we are getting back to being a place to discuss fishing. Given the climate around a number of political decisions made regarding fisheries this past year we allowed a lot of leeway in this area leading up to the election. Now that it is over, that leeway is gone. We never intended to be a platform to discuss politics and we won't be moving forward. This thread along with others that we let stand to discuss the election will be closed to further comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.