Are you ready for another Liberal term?! Will we fish in 2020...

Discussion in 'Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management.' started by StormTrooper, Aug 11, 2019.

1. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

IronNoggin and ILHG like this.
  2. agentaqua

agentaqua Well-Known Member

To be clear, WMY - the Liberals brought this bill in to partially undo what Harper and his Cronies did while they were in power - and the Conservative minority (this time around) did not oppose it because it would have been unlikely that they could have stopped it and they would have received negative press if they tried.

That fact does NOT give me any confidence whatsoever that any future Conservative government would not pull the same sh*t again - nor does your unsupported assertion that "harper-style environmental policies are not going to occur under this conservative government" convinces me neither.
    charlie.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  3. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

What i'm hearing from you and others is that essentially a vote for the conservatives is a vote for more fish farms/favor fish farm and wrose environmental policies is that correct??

4. agentaqua

reference the "damned if you do" post...

5. SerengetiGuide

SerengetiGuide Well-Known Member

IronNoggin likes this.
  6. GLG

GLG Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part but Mark de Bruijn of the Green Party did mention his concern with our salmon also.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  7. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

The Green Party platform is out they want to expand marine protected areas from 10% to 30%.

Have not gave it a big dive in yet but it seems most parties are indeed talking about things that will effect our fisheries.

With the way the mpa process tends to target structure, bait hangs around this structure the areas we fish would probably be extremely effected by a 30% rollout.

SerengetiGuide likes this.
  8. SerengetiGuide

Okkkk. Not really anything to do with fisheries. That was a desperate reach

9. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

10. SerengetiGuide

11. GLG

GLG Well-Known Member

You should consider stand up in the off season.

12. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Crew Member

13. SerengetiGuide

Not sure whose riding you’re in storm. But if courtenay Alberni I hope you figure out a vote for Byron Horner is a vote for sportsfishing. Guy is awesome. And not a vote for 4 more years of trudeau policies on fisheries like a vote for the PPC is

IronNoggin likes this.
  14. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Crew Member

I won't be voting for any party who has a tenancy to cuddle up to the UN and UN based policies. I am voting for change and that includes a broader image of Canada's future than simply fishing focused issues. :)

15. agentaqua

16. SerengetiGuide

Doubt you’d see any other leaders post something like this.

Attached Files:

IronNoggin, cracked_ribs and ILHG like this.
  17. dradons

dradons Active Member

Sure it is a nice gesture. But posts like these don't really do much for me honestly. The parties with a communication team put these together. They are extremely low risk and don't say much. He puts a commitment out to increase hatchery funding and habitat restoration and he will get my attention.

18. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

So thats the only thing in Canada that is important to you, not jobs out side of your coast, not national debt, not health care, not education just more chinook salmon that’s it !! Wow you live in a small world.

19. dradons

dradons Active Member

The post was about hunters and fishers. I don't understand your comment at all. My comment was that celebrating heritage days are easy etc and have no cost. This could be about pride day, veteran day or whatever. The post by the communication team saying happy whatever day doesn't say much. All parties do it. Those other issues you mention rank higher to me than fishing. I think we have had a misunderstanding.

StormTrooper and SerengetiGuide like this.
  20. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

We possibly might.
    But you have been against Scheer on every one of your posts and again in this one. The way I see it you don’t care what he says or states but when he commits to more money for salmon on your coast then he will have your attention, then you may be interested in what he has to say until then you’re not