Are you ready for another Liberal term?! Will we fish in 2020...

Discussion in 'Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management.' started by StormTrooper, Aug 11, 2019.

1. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Crew Member

Now I am starting to understand why things are so bad in our public fishery and government in general...listen in to what is shaping parliament and possibly why we may endure another term with "Water Bottle Boy".

It seems like it doesn't matter what you ask your MP to do, because they have no power to sway government decision making.

This corporation Government of Canada is a defacto governance with its own agenda that has absolutely nothing to do with protecting livelihoods of its people that it presides over.(state of Kings & Queens)

Sad, sad place this is. Will the muddied waters begin to clear with a new government or will we be stuck in more of the same with a seemingly never ending diminished falling pathway. I am still working toward my own decision, and it is still laying down in between two parties for me. I will make the final choice on voting day.

https://www.conservative.ca/
    https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/platform

This video shares insight into why nothing an MP says can change the government.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Crew Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    chromatose007 likes this.
  3. ericl

ericl Well-Known Member

From my point of being here in another country, but exclusively fishing BC since 1978 when things went bad down here, your fisheries are largely influenced by a central government with not much money where here in WA our fisheries are largely influenced by an extremely well financed state government; with the main exception now being federal control of the Snake River dams.
    Once again just my point of view.

Another point of view is that the vast majority of views expressed by a vocal minority on these forums consist of online rants and shouting matches that in my view illustrate a major lack of being informed. As admin stated over a year ago, "this forum has become a dumping ground for unhappiness". You StormTrooper are not part of this group, you give a lot of advice & I respect the hell outta you.

Yet another point of view is that many on this forum are either incapable of or refuse to "play the game" of politics; unlike the FN's and the Environmental groups. I am not saying that you need to be outwardly respectful of the opinions of others, but many on this forum are outwardly disrespectful of the opinions of others. Doesn't work in the real world.

4. The Jackel

The Jackel Guest

How's your president doing on this????

5. IronNoggin

IronNoggin Well-Known Member

Methinks the odds dropped on that prediction a tad today:

Damning report says Trudeau violated ethics act during SNC-Lavalin affair
    Ethics commissioner Mario Dion says Trudeau inappropriately tried to influence Jody Wilson-Raybould

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau violated the Conflict of Interest Act by trying to influence then-justice minister Jody Wilson-Raybould to overrule a decision to not grant a deferred prosecution agreement to Quebec-based engineering firm SNC-Lavalin, Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion has found.

"The evidence showed there were many ways in which Mr. Trudeau, either directly or through the actions of those under his direction, sought to influence the Attorney General," Dion wrote, in his report released Wednesday.

"The Prime Minister, directly and through his senior officials, used various means to exert influence over Ms. Wilson‑Raybould. The authority of the Prime Minister and his office was used to circumvent, undermine and ultimately attempt to discredit the decision of the Director of Public Prosecutions as well as the authority of Ms. Wilson‑Raybould as the Crown's chief law officer," Dion said.

Dion found Trudeau contravened Section 9 of the Conflict of Interest Act through a series of "flagrant attempts to influence" Wilson‑Raybould to reach an agreement with SNC-Lavalin to avoid criminal prosecution. That section of the code prohibits any official responsible for high level decision-making in government from seeking to influence the decision of another person to "improperly further another person's private interests."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-snc-ethics-commissioner-violated-code-1.5246551

chromatose007, terrin and halimark like this.
  6. CIVANO

CIVANO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. The Jackel

The Jackel Guest

Ha ha good one Civano, oh on another note had an amazing day mooching in Renfrew yesterday :D Too bad you weren't there :p:)

8. CIVANO

CIVANO Well-Known Member

Be there Sunday for a week.

9. SerengetiGuide

SerengetiGuide Well-Known Member

Completely irrelevant. Great contribution as per usual jackel

10. SerengetiGuide

SerengetiGuide Well-Known Member

Agree with your point about refusing to play the game of politics. Trying to do things through the proper channels has gotten us nowhere and fn and enviros don’t and they are way ahead in the game despite being lower in actual numbers of people

ericl likes this.
  11. The Jackel

The Jackel Guest

Coming from you there little fella it doesn't mean a thing to me carry on, how's the halibut quota working out??

12. The Jackel

The Jackel Guest

Good luck you will do well i am pulling the boat tomorrow.

13. CIVANO

CIVANO Well-Known Member

Thanks Hopefully see you next year.

14. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Crew Member

Do you want to see Max in the National Debates? In the name of democracy, SAY YES!

David Johnston, Commissioner of the Leaders’ Debates Commission, released his preliminary decision and invited Justin Trudeau, Andrew Scheer, Jagmeet Singh, Elizabeth May, and Yves-François Blanchet to the two national debates — while excluding Maxime Bernier. And yet, the PPC is the only party offering policy solutions that are distinct from those of the other five parties. Not including Max is a disservice to Canadian voters.

Sign the petition in the name of democracy. We need to hear all our options...
    https://www.peoplespartyofcanada.ca/get_max_in_the_debates

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    chromatose007 and ILHG like this.
  15. Birdsnest

Birdsnest Well-Known Member

I think we have a rough road ahead and these two videos touch on what in part is going on.
    Keep in mind these videos are from american right political groups and some of it has to be taken with a grain of salt.

ILHG likes this.
  16. ericl

ericl Well-Known Member

As he has done & will continue to do so as long as the POS is still in office.
    Down where I live (greater Seattle) he got less than 10% of the vote, I am proudly not among that 10%.

Don't know much about Canadian Politics but down here they all lie up the ass to get elected/re-elected & the vast majority have something crooked in their past.
    Maybe you need to elect a non politician who promises to drain the swamp.

In my view the funding for BC Salmon has been in decline for at least a couple decades & thusly include all administrations that have held the wheel.

It also seems to me that the whiny comments about whatever party/politician are born of philosophical/idealology issues versus performance (or lack thereof) on BC fisheries issues.

Whatever, it's totally out of my control but I would be ecstatic to see BC/WA/OR/CA get together & stop the insanity of AABM Chinook fisheries.

17. ericl

ericl Well-Known Member

Largely a bunch of misinformation & erroneous "IF, THEN" conditions where the authors get to pick the IF's & THEN's (picking the questions & answers). To me the rough road ahead is too many people falling for this kind of garbage. Case in point; minimum wage in the US:

https://bebusinessed.com/history/history-of-minimum-wage/

Both recommendations from the New York Times make sense from the standpoint of the decline in real value of the minimum wage from 1987 to present.

In Seattle the minimum wage is $15/hour for many businesses; lot's of whining but overall positive affects for businesses.

18. Birdsnest

I think its important to recognize issues that are controversial. They are not controversial for no reason. Topic that are controversial consistently have valid points on both sides of the argument.

The use of language ie, "this kind of garbage" and "lots of whining" is, in your own words erick, " using this forum as a "dumping ground" and steers the discussion into a nose dive where the admin has to step in and these discussions get discontinued. IMHO

Another view on the minimum wage:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    ILHG likes this.
  19. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

I think the liberals are in trouble. What came out yesterday doesn't look good close to election.

terrin, BCRingo and IronNoggin like this.
  20. Birdsnest

I think JT knows he's in trouble and his response to "not apologize for protecting Canadian jobs" is a desperate attempt to garner support from middle of the road voters.
    Its real messy.

IronNoggin likes this.