Are the expensive LED lights worth it?

7Deuce

I seem to push the fishing to the absolute limits of daylight sometimes which has me coming into the dock right at dark. I'm typically in a no wake zone at twilight but docking would be easier with some lights. It looks like there is a pretty huge swing in pricing from some brand names and what I assume are knock offs. Does anyone have any experience with either price point? I think 1 monster light on the front (a bit of spot and a bit of flood) plus a couple floods off the back/sides would do it. What do you guys run?

ive got some of the square china led lights that can be found for 60$ - they can be bought by the case for 8$ each im told if you search around

I've installed 2 rigid SR-Q diffused floods out back and a golight spot up on radar mount..
Also replaced all incandescent bulbs with cheap ebay led's from China..you can buy packs of 10 for around 5$..that includes shipping
I picked up red & green for marker lights and bright white for all cabin and rear deck/ engine bay area
So far so good..no complaints

20160925_183119.jpg 20160925_183141.jpg 20160925_183246.jpg
20160925_213650.jpg

Last edited:
similar to springfever552, I've replaced all mine as well. money well spent. and easy on the batteries... use alot less energy. super bright. I angle my deck light up most of the time as it's too bright. just use the reflected light off the house overhang. much easier on the eyes.
I have a light bar on my roof with a few lights at different angles and on individual switches. basically only use them if coming into a secluded port or anchorage so I can light up the shore, dock or crabtrap floats, etc... we almost always come in in the dark it seems...

Back