Anything showing in the Nitnat?

Doing the rain dance as we speak, bring on the sky water and bump these rivers up! Time to flush the newbies from parker down to the lake! Bought every colorado in town and the jets warmed up. See u newbs at the hatchery bowl!!

Going to have to do a bigger rain dance then that.. Not sussposed to rain untill FIRDAY NIGHT...[:p]

I was thinking of coming down to the nitnat on this sunday since the coho opens then. I always fish one spot but I was wondering if anyone could give me directions to a new spot to fish that you can walk into that would be good for coho? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks [8D]

the fisheries officer was in today at gonefishing and was talking with him, the nitnat is closed to all fishing untill the 14th to protect the spawning chinook, so in other words dont fish there unless you wanna get caught n get a nice fine[}:)]

cheers steelyman

Steelyman its open just not for rentention .. on the 15th its open for chum and coho...But as it stands now there is so little rain all thats there are boots

Any knowledge of how the coho fishing was this weekend since it opened today? Just wondering!

Just S%$&T I saw more boots then I could shake a stick at... River needs some rain period...

its been raining quite a bit in the south island. anybody been up lately? enough water for the coho?

hey kelly, how often you come up around p.a, should try get out fishn for some steelies, maybe learn somethn off each other and catch abuncha fish along with a good buzz[:eek:)]

cheers steelheadman

If any one confirm NItinat blown out I would love to know too .. I was thinking of going up this coming weekend...

hey

ya theres a tone of coho up the nitnat right now
u just have to find them

i found em

I phoned the Hatchery this morning for a current conditions report. It rained and the river rose and fell within 24 hours late last week. It's back down to the level it's been for the last 3-4 weeks.
I asked about coho and they said they've not seen coho in any numbers yet, not even in the lake.
If you found them then good on ya, you did better than the hatchery guys swimming the river...

Where did you find them? Maybe found a school but its been poor. Hatch would know. Steelheadman your actually a friend of a friend of mine i think. Im not much of a steelheader yet def gonna get out there this year. haha no drinkin though id be drivin myself over

Back