Anything showing in the Nitnat?

c pepper lol , do you think i`m a newbie???lol, pretty judgemental i think[:eek:)]tight lines scottyboy

Sorry c-pepper not even close[}:)].....nothin ruins it faster than a jet boat[xx(] they cannot stop and fish more than 5 mins,then they gotta move upriver.. rrrraahhhhhh..ya rite.[:eek:)]you say 'operated properly' rant this.Most show no remorse.. QUIET and Less disturbing..GET REAL..I've been on shore Pheew...[V] ask the Elk and Black Bear, try a drift boat!!i'm hardly a Newbie been goin to Nitnat and I've been there done that with my own dory for many years ('82 Futurecraft Alumn)and I keep a log.you dont win w/me:(

Just talked to the hatchery bunch moved in packin up my pillow tonight along with a bottle of Jack! See if I can fit in with the rest of the yahoooos up there should be interesting wish there was enough water right now so a drift could be done without draging the boat around oh well should be a gong show see ya up there! BAGS get packing put on that 40lb test and lets go!!!!!!!

Spooled again did you say your staying at the hatch? Saltybeaver im not sure of the numbers but i heard they are low right now. Need some soild fall rain.

Hey, I just moved down Island I am just curious if someone could answer a few questions. First, is it too late to fish the Nit Nat for springs / coho? I am from Campbell River and coho should start to pick up right now. Second, can i fish the Nit Nat with out a boat? If so, where are some decent spots? Finally, if the Nit Nat is no good, where should I go for river fishing on the south end of the island?

WOW! I can't believe the amount of people up there this year! It was brutal. There was line, beer cans, garbage everywhere along the beach. Kids everywhere with chum lying on the beach. A couple guys were actually using braided line and leaders! Fish all over the place the odd chrome one but mostly starting to turn into boots. Got some coho, 14lb wild, 8lb wild, 9lb hatchery all took a fly.

Wow, the internet is a beautiful thing. By posting your day to day catches, your only adding to the fire. -dirty

Well......another ho season is upon us....just spoke with bags he's on his way back from the charlottes after a successful trip baiting ho's in northern flows!!!polished up the sled today and will hit the nitty tomorrow or some small creeks for summers depending on the rain situation!!!Ive got all my bait cured,leaders tied and cold beer stocked.the ho's are there boyz and if you see a 17 ft alumaweld with a 100 yami come up and say hi!!Ill be buzzing the west coast flows all weekend!!

Have to coho already started coming up or are they late like the rest of the fish in the rivers? What is the projected return for coho this year on the river?

the nitty is closed till the 14th.....says right on the post board at gonefishin...

cheers steelyman

It is closed for retention untill the 15th.. So we will see if it is truley a late run.. Show me the CHROME...

Anyone know the condition on the coho on the nitnat? Are they in yet or when are they expected to come in? Any information appreciated [8D]

Back