Anything showing in the Nitnat?

Is it too early to plan a trip for the Aug 25th opening? We haven't had any rain so I wondered if anyone had been up to the lake. Or heard if fish are showing at the hatchery.

If so, should I plan to fish near the hatchery or should I start at Parker Ck and hike downstream?

Cheers,
Alex

Well I happen to be heading up to Nitnat for the 25th and 26th so far
I haven't heard great things... As much as I don't want to say it
we need some rain... If Nitnat is slow I'm heading north to see if some of the others might have something. I will let you know if you don't go and if you do go I will see you there hopefully with a fish on...:D

Ghost,

Thanks for the response. I think I'll wait for the rains as I have a limited number of fishing days per year (read: "married"); so I'd like to save my time for when there are actual fish in the river.

Good luck to you if you go out there.
Cheers,
Alex

Yeah I know the feeling on the Limited Number of fishing DAYS...( MARRIED TOO... ) I hope theres fish... [8D]

Well Nitnat River needs a ton of rain before anything is going .. Very low need atleast a week of rain...

maybe better 2 wks from now...

Was hoping to go up This Tues,wends. Anything there yet? If I go I'll lyk whats up there.

Didnt make it up. sniff,sniff[V] We are definatly going on the 20th LMK if you hear that theyer there. Might need go go somewhere else. Any opinions help. Coming from Vic. THX DG

Going up on the 17th. I frekin hope there is some silvers in there and not rottin boots....

Well I was up there on the 17th and it is still low water, The river did rise abit from all the rain on Sunday.. We found some people up there braving the nasty rain with us.There are fish in the river but they are black like a rubber boot, must be from holding in the lake so long. Only a couple decent fish. Bring on the rain and hopefully by mid week it will be better...

:D:D

dont plan of fishing the river this year but where do you guys figure these fish are holding out ? in the lake or in the begining of the river ? or still in the ocean ?

Fished the lower end of the nit nat tues. River had come up at least a foot from past Saturday. Lots of fresh chum and springs pushing up river. Got a bright 41 inch spring with sea lice still attached. This spring had been caught in the ocean as it still had a barbed! single and treble complete with a chrome rhys Davis head still attached to its head. Watched a big black steal a fish from a fisherman's line in the shallows. Good to see fisheries out in force doing gear checks etc.

Good to hear they are gettin in. Weather forcast is for a high though so it probaly will drop a bit. Im off next week for some work there should be good:D

why would you wanna use a jet the the nitnat ??? just a queation but drift boats are quiet and peaceful, not like there aren`t any fish in the river !!! i just don`t get the jet thing myself but each 2 there own. tight lines scottyboy

Yup scottyboy. Have to agree with you about the jets and to some degree the drifts. I remember days gone by when it was all about walking the river. Sure wish there was some etiquette on the pools instead of guys busting in and crossing your line and maybe asking to share a pool with ya!

Was up yesteday and the fish are there. The chinooks a few and chums are tonnes.heres a ?? On the fishing closure and catch siteit shows how many fish you can have and when its open / closed to fishing but when the colume is empty does it mean it open or closed? Example for Nit. Riv
Chinook Aug 25 - Sep 30 2 per day, only 1 over 77 cm.
Coho Oct 15 - Dec 31 2 per day, wild or hatchery
Chum Oct 15 - Dec 31 2 per day
So no chum till Oct. 15
No more chin after Sept 30? or does this just mean that unless stated you can still retain them unless a closure is in effect. Anyone able to clarify this for me? I seen ppl taking out chum yesterday but I didnt let my friend keep his. Just a picture of it.lol THX DG

Chinook close SEPT 30 that means no retention Coho and Chum open OCT 15 till DEC31

Back