Anyone tried Proll Troll echip?

Curious if anyone has tried the pro troll echip, Heard one lodge near Hakia swears by them but haven't heard anything first hand. Just curious as I came across the website and figure it is another snake oil money grab.

Crap. Total crap.

I tried them a couple summers ago. Im not convinced the "chip" helps but I wouldnt think it could hurt either. My main criticism of them is the swivels and clips they come with are garbage. After 1 use in the salt most of them seized up or at the least they became sticky. Sometimes the chip/ball/whatever would seize up as well.

My advice would be to spend your money on hotspots, GD guide-series, and oki big shooters (now GD-owned) instead.

Used it for a few years on lures and flashers, never seemed to make any difference in my experience. The device is not that durable (ball moving inside gets stuck) and stops working after not too long.

Sounds like desperation.

When we don't catch, we start looking for the 'wunderkind'.

But in reality there are proven hoochies, spoons and gear that have been around for years and catch all kinds of salmon/fish.

Number one rule....fish where the fish are.

Like Charlie Whites lure.......made to catch fishermen not fish, lol

They work great similar to a teaser but you can really use any size bait.

I used them last summer for hali, with used steel downrigger cable for line off a spreader bar to roll large herring and strips of salmon belly and they were great.

I dont think the echip does anything but I do like them as a bait holder because you dont need toothpicks

EDIT: this is what I am talking about, not the flashers

https://www.amazon.ca/Pro-Troll-Fis...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=F8NHCWTY9MVBSSF8CK8K

Tried em... Don't like the roll. Teaser heads or cut-plug equally as deadly. Never caught a fish with those clip-ons!

I got caught years ago... No difference. Better off putting your time on the water, not wasting it modding gear and tying/washing unproven stuff!

Back