Anyone Know Someone That Could Install Morse Controls?

Rain City

Crew Member
So it's a 92 commander with a flybridge and the controls are 2007. Everything should be there but it was all purchased used. Talked to a couple mechanics in town but they seemed hesitant to say the least. This is the electric actuators converting the old dual cable system to single action. I'm hoping to get a ballpark cost before committing to anything as I know there's some custom brackets that will need fabricating. Boats moored at Burrard Civic Marina.

DIY project ...lol
only way other wise your paying for someone to scratch there head..
and at there hourly rates best you barter the fried chicken

DIY project ...lol
only way other wise your paying for someone to scratch there head..
and at there hourly rates best you barter the fried chicken
Lol yah I assumed I'd be doing much of the dummy work. I just don't want to touch anything on those (to me) space ships of motors. Lots of running cables and mounting stations and filling holes in dash etc. I just don't want to start anything unless a guy says "yup 100% doable. Do this, this and this and I'll help with that. Easy peasy."

I was hoping to line it up for a winter gig.

Any old gillnetters or trollers near your boat? Their owners might know something or someone.
One marina over at Granville Island is where the commercial guys are. Not a bad idea actually thanks.

if there shifting stiff just run new cables i did my throttles on my berty fly bridge and down to the new lower helm only thing you need to do is get the right length of cable .

if there shifting stiff just run new cables i did my throttles on my berty fly bridge and down to the new lower helm only thing you need to do is get the right length of cable .
There's nothing wrong with them other than the fact that they're older technology. I don't like that I have to REALLY explain to people to not shift unless you've throttled back. In an emergency I'd hate to have someone trying to figure it out. I feel I got a good deal on the system so might be worth the effort to update the boat a little.

Sorry to interject but what might you be doing with your old stuff @Rain City? What does the updated morse controls do that the older ones do not Throttle lock out until in gear...?

Sorry to interject but what might you be doing with your old stuff @Rain City? What does the updated morse controls do that the older ones do not Throttle lock out until in gear...?
Its two sets of handles. One for throttle and one for gears.

Back