Anyone Know A Reasonably Priced Carpet Guy?

Yah the plan was to do the whole galley area, which is where you enter, with a second mat. It's a nice 5'x5' square so that parts simple at least.
If I had the rear galley (mine is forward) I think I would do that 5 x 5 area in teak and holly or vinyl plank. That is where most of your mess and wear would be.
Could have it diagonal or curve from galley bulkhead to the corner of head and then the rest carpet.
I don't know who made the green carpet but it did stand up amazingly well.

If I had the rear galley (mine is forward) I think I would do that 5 x 5 area in teak and holly or vinyl plank. That is where most of your mess and wear would be.
Could have it diagonal or curve from galley bulkhead to the corner of head and then the rest carpet.
I don't know who made the green carpet but it did stand up amazingly well.
That's not a bad idea actually.

I'd like to get the carpet done in the Commander. I just got a quote that was so high it made my head spin. The guy even admitted it would only be a 2.5-3 day job plus about 100 square feet of carpet. I deal with trades every day and am happy to pay a GOOD wage but this was just gouging at it's finest.

I guess the guy thinks, "If he can afford a Commander he has lot's of money";)

I guess the guy thinks, "If he can afford a Commander he has lot's of money";)
He should have thought "man this guy spent all his money on a boat!" Finishing guys are the last in and first to not get paid lol.

Working on it. Every carpet supplier has some kind of "marine grade" carpet so that's not really the problem. I'd rather not give them any money whatsoever after that insult.

I will be doing same, mostly carpet everywhere on inside. I will probably be installing myself to save $$ but I do like the noise dampening and kinda warms up the look :) but I am a ways from that step, a next summer job lol

Back