Any Renfrew Reports??

the only info I have is a week old. My buddy went up last Sunday and got coho from the 700 ft depth back to the can bouy. Biggest was 12 lbs. I'm going up this coming weekend so I hope they're still there.

the only info I have is a week old. My buddy went up last Sunday and got coho from the 700 ft depth back to the can bouy. Biggest was 12 lbs. I'm going up this coming weekend so I hope they're still there.

Hit Renfrew thursday morning and it payed off!! Fished inside/outside the Red Canbouy and picked up 2 springs and a boatload of Coho. Springs weighed in at 16 and 14lb's, biggest Coho 22lb's yup a big Northern Buck. Lot's of Coho in the 6-10 lb range and a couple in the mid teens. Springs were taken on Choves, all but the monster Coho were taked on 4 inch Mongoose Coyote Spoons. The Monster took a chove on the tight roll.

Hit Renfrew thursday morning and it payed off!! Fished inside/outside the Red Canbouy and picked up 2 springs and a boatload of Coho. Springs weighed in at 16 and 14lb's, biggest Coho 22lb's yup a big Northern Buck. Lot's of Coho in the 6-10 lb range and a couple in the mid teens. Springs were taken on Choves, all but the monster Coho were taked on 4 inch Mongoose Coyote Spoons. The Monster took a chove on the tight roll.

We just spent the weekend fishing in the Coho derby at the Port Renfrew Marina. On Saturday there were tons of fish on the sounder around the whistle buoy and out to about 200 feet, and we saw lots of fish being caught. We got 5 coho up to about 10 pounds. Sunday the fish disappeared and we didn't get anything until later in the afternoon when we were out at the 600 foot line, then we picked up an 8 and a 14 pound coho. Hardly saw or heard of any fish being caught all day.

There were 294 rods in the water for the derby, so the winner, with a 22 3/4 pound coho, took home $5880!!

Paul

We just spent the weekend fishing in the Coho derby at the Port Renfrew Marina. On Saturday there were tons of fish on the sounder around the whistle buoy and out to about 200 feet, and we saw lots of fish being caught. We got 5 coho up to about 10 pounds. Sunday the fish disappeared and we didn't get anything until later in the afternoon when we were out at the 600 foot line, then we picked up an 8 and a 14 pound coho. Hardly saw or heard of any fish being caught all day.

There were 294 rods in the water for the derby, so the winner, with a 22 3/4 pound coho, took home $5880!!

Paul

Paul

Paul

Yup, the notorious Renfrew meat grab. The rain has come and the can buoy coho lockjaw have loosened up! Those elusive topwater trophy's are now avidly awaiting anything in the box and anything that might resemble gear. In Theory any thing should produce, yet regardless of these promised big numbers on big gear, rollin chovies or cutplug herring is by far best! Gonnzo Beaks everywhere twenty-pounds plus.

Yup, the notorious Renfrew meat grab. The rain has come and the can buoy coho lockjaw have loosened up! Those elusive topwater trophy's are now avidly awaiting anything in the box and anything that might resemble gear. In Theory any thing should produce, yet regardless of these promised big numbers on big gear, rollin chovies or cutplug herring is by far best! Gonnzo Beaks everywhere twenty-pounds plus.

Back