Any ideas on what this plant is.

walleyes

Crew Member
I need help identifying this plant it’s really starting to spread in my lawn. At first I thought it was a fungus but I don’t think it is it’s more of a plant.

48649978613_1033a4dc8b.jpg

48649982798_7a777fd164.jpg

I need help identifying this plant it’s really starting to spread in my lawn. At first I thought it was a fungus but I don’t think it is it’s more of a plant.

Looks like a type of Clover

48649978613_1033a4dc8b.jpg

48649982798_7a777fd164.jpg

The silver stuff you think. I know the larger plants are clover but do you think the small silver is a clover.

The silver stuff you think. I know the larger plants are clover but do you think the small silver is a clover.

Hard to tell with the picture... might need a close-up shot to make out the grey/silver/blue plant
Best to take a sample to your local garden center. They will be able to tell you.

Could be a type of morning glory or creeping charlie

Last edited:
Hard to tell with the picture... might need a close-up shot to make out the grey/silver/blue plant
Best to take a sample to your local garden center. They will be able to tell you.

Could be a type of morning glory or creeping charlie

Yah I might have to take it the local agriculturist and see. It really took off this year.
Ditto ST. Doesn't matter, it will be covered in snow any day now.

No not even close snow is still a couple months away lots of nice weather ahead yet. Nice cool dry falls, take it over the rain any day.

But thanks for your input it was really helpful.

Nope...may not be days, or weeks, however my dreams say it will hit your area hard this season. Plan ahead. Take care. :)

Always do, that’s just life in the North.

Thanks ST.

Nope...may not be days, or weeks, however my dreams say it will hit your area hard this season. Plan ahead. Take care. :)

I’m not to sure about it being early, I go by the animals every year. The birds are sure late this year, the geese have just barely started to flock as of yet. It’s not unusual for us to go out and get limits opening day the last few years, which is Sept 1st hear. Last year we got 45 birds in 1hr. This year they’ve barely started to flock, a few small flocks maybe a dozen birds here and there, just small flocks flying over head. The crows just started to flock this week, they haven’t moved around yet just flocking, they are in no rush. So we will see how it plays out.

My friend has an app called picture this. We have not found a plant that it can't identify yet.

Back