Any Good Prawn Spots in Indian Arm?

For the life of me, I can't find any good area to prawn in Indian Arm. I've tried just outside Belcarra. I've also tried by the waterfall. Best I got we're two small prawns. I use the same bait I use in Howe Sound and I do way better in Howe Sound. But I don't go out that way that often. Any recommendations?

How far up have you tried? Years ago we worked on floating camp and put out a trap or two out way up the arm.

I've been told to go near the powerhouse but I didn't have much success. I've only tried once up there so I'm curious as well

wet_coast_kid-the commercial season just ended and Prawn populations everywhere have taken a shitkicking; unless you don't have anything else to do concentrate your efforts on Salmon for the next 6 months or so then start putting the Prawn traps back out when most people have gone into winter hibernation.

wet_coast_kid-the commercial season just ended and Prawn populations everywhere have taken a shitkicking; unless you don't have anything else to do concentrate your efforts on Salmon for the next 6 months or so then start putting the Prawn traps back out when most people have gone into winter hibernation.
I thought commies couldn't fish up Indian arm?

It gets hit hard year round by sporties

The reality of Prawns is...they are getting hammered by Sports, Native , and Commercial.
What NEEDS to be done is a complete year or two coast wide ban on fishing them by all sectors.
yes , this sounds overkill , but in reality its not. Prawns are easily fished out.
Leaving it open to Sports while they are in Berry season is mismanagement to the tenth degree.
DFO is hinting at some serious action and closures for next season. But maybe too little too late.
Am I guilty? yes , but i only play by their rules.
And i know inside me they need to be changed.

For the life of me, I can't find any good area to prawn in Indian Arm. I've tried just outside Belcarra. I've also tried by the waterfall. Best I got we're two small prawns. I use the same bait I use in Howe Sound and I do way better in Howe Sound. But I don't go out that way that often. Any recommendations?

I've hunted all the way up the Arm and found some ok spots but it's not worth the time it takes to prawn for what you get ,better off other area's ...

I agree with a complete shut down for a year or two , just to keep the stock healthy and abundant .. lots for everyone .

no commies bother in the arm.only allowed 50 traps i have been told. i would never give up spots lol... it has taken years to dial in a catch worth putting gear out for... and i dont trust anyone after march that is out on the water.

I prawned a bit in Indian arm 5 years back and caught a fair few around the power house. Certainly nothing special, but maybe 20-30 per trap on a good set. Definitely better areas but there are a few around in there.

Wouldn't waste your time its not very productive and the trap theft is bad up there especially in the summer months with all the boat traffic.. I know from experience

no commies bother in the arm.only allowed 50 traps i have been told. i would never give up spots lol... it has taken years to dial in a catch worth putting gear out for... and i dont trust anyone after march that is out on the water.
Yes, there's one guy that commercial fishes up Indian arm. He drops his trap on top of the residences trap and they can't pull them till he's gone . Quite a stand up guy !!

Yes, there's one guy that commercial fishes up Indian arm. He drops his trap on top of the residences trap and they can't pull them till he's gone . Quite a stand up guy !!

i must never see him because we fish em only in winter.. less idiots out.

Back