Any body out today on ECVI?

Saltwater Cowboy

Anybody manage to get out today around the Valley or CR? We went out but not much action a coupe little shakers of of Cape Lazo! Any good news out there? Any Herring showing up?

SW Cowboy

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Very close to finishing up the refit on the boat and then look out. Trailer is done and ready to reload the boat. The glass work was finished yesterday on the transom but still have to paint the boat and remount the motors. Boat should be painted on Wednesday and will be back in action on Sunday. I am very happy with the way everything has came together, did all the refit and some. I hear that fish are showing in decent numbers in both french creek and at the south end of lambert channel and in and around norris rock, flora and tribune bay. I also have a friend catching a few jigging at the mouth of departure bay in Nanaimo. Although you didn't hook up with some keepers did you get some prawns???

Cheers Kevin

Happy Hookin!!!

Anybody out south of Denman in Lambert Channel lately? I'm probably goin there tomorrow and would love the knowledge! Good to here your getting close to fishing ME this weekend it sounds like eh!! woo hoo

SW Cowboy

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Fowl Hook just outside of departure bay along the wall of Newcastle Island follow it right around the corner into departure bay. Also first thing in the morning from the green can to the marker just before pipers lagoon sorry forget it's name. 2 years ago when I lived in departure bay we also hooked a couple around this time of year right in front of the petro barrels in departure bay. We had most of our luck jigging while drifting with the tide. Using either 2.5oz to 3.5 oz Dyamara jigs in green and white or mac deeps. Another good spot is trolling from pipers right down to and in front of rocky point with plugs or glow green or army truck hootchies early in the morning right at first light.

Cheers Hope this helps M.E.

Happy Hookin!!!

For the record there M.E., the marker is clark rck. Ya its a great drift when the tide is right... I agree on the drift between Pipers and neck.. Watch for the knob... It come's up quick and has claimed poundage on the lead.. Another is the trench between clark and hudson rk. At the start of the flood it can be deadly on the 150 to 180 line. Hope it helps-dirty

Heh DD use to fish alot from rocky point from the shore many days better then the boat. Sorry couldn't remember those nav points and no chart was close to look at. I agree with what you posted and had good luck doing that when I lived there, now I live in Courtenay. I use to live right on the beach in departure bay for 2 years could see right out to entrance lighthouse out my front window with a spotting scope.

Cheers ME

Happy Hookin!!!

Good to hear, ya still get a good look at the light hear and again.. Tough thing is I have been spoiled by the charlitto's and the Nan. waterfront just don't do it like it used to..cheers-dirty

Back