Another "Project" boat!

Cuba Libre

:D The Cuba Libre now has a new ( well not quite)boat house mate.

meet the RUM RUNNER

IMGP1496.jpg

Got tired of dragging the 12 ft tin across the ground to go out chasing trout . Also wanted to pack it in the camper., so I started looking at inflatables... My gawd are the hypalon boats expensive!! Also looked at a few HD vinyl , but they looked too much like pool toys.

Found this relic on Craigslist for less than $250. Wasnt expecting much, but went and had a look anyway. It is a Avon 9ft Rover. The pontoons in excellent shape as far as weather checking and patching. No leaks. But, no floor boards, seat and oars.

After a bit of work with the powerwasher and Mr Clean Eraser cleaners, the fabric now looks more acceptable.

The seat is one that I found drifting around in Johnstone Straits last year. Had to buy a pair of oars however. But the whole thing still came in at less than $300. Watch out trout!! [:p]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Originally posted by Barnacle Bill

Rod holder on the transom, and you are ready to go. Looks like a REEL good bargain.,...........BB

Scotty now makes a glue on rod holder mount for hypalon & PVC. Mount you rod holders, drink holders and anchor locks anywhere!

Good tip-- wonder if I can mount the boat sound system with the same glue??? :D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

Good tip-- wonder if I can mount the boat sound system with the same glue??? :D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

The music you listen to would put the fish to sleep;):D[:p]

Nice rig by the way.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Kenny-- there is nothing wrong with relaxing around the campfire after a hard day on the water and listening to Nana or Abba!!:D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Could listen to Roger Whittaker, You row while he whistles!

IMG_1445.jpg

Nice boat and simple to use. I can see it now.
Sound system need’s a battery. Well since you will be carrying a battery you may as well get a Minn Koda. How about a little shade on those hot summer days? It sure would be nice to have a top. You could trade up another few feet to get those extras. If you are going to get bigger than why not a center console with tee top. That might last a while but 2 footites says pretty soon your 20ft Alumaweld Intruder will be chasing trout.

quote:Originally posted by GLG

Nice boat and simple to use. I can see it now.
Sound system need’s a battery. Well since you will be carrying a battery you may as well get a Minn Koda. How about a little shade on those hot summer days? It sure would be nice to have a top. You could trade up another few feet to get those extras. If you are going to get bigger than why not a center console with tee top. That might last a while but 2 footites says pretty soon your 20ft Alumaweld Intruder will be chasing trout.

hahaha the 14' lund i had was rigged to the balls, sound system, depthsounder, electric downriggers, vhf, 12v plug, bilge pump, bimini top off my paddle boat, gps - rigged with house wiring of solid copper and it all worked half the time :D

If you really want to make it look like new -- check out this stuff:

http://www.allinflatables.com/shopping/paint/index.html#order

Renews and seals, protects the material and patches any beach drag marks.

If you have any slow leaks, go purchase a quart of this stuff -- pour half in one pontoon, half in the other, inflate the boat and then turn it end over end a few times so the liquid can get into every nook. Works like a charm. I had a slow leak in mine that would take about 5-10 days to deflate one pontoon. Put this stuff in and it's solid. I use it in my bike, and the stuff never solidifies, stays liquid for years.

http://www.notubes.com/tubeless_system.php?cPath=21_60

TenMile
<'((((><

Sweet ride! Much like my sea boat. Perhaps you will come down with -2footitis. There is at least enough room on there for 2 riggers and a sounder (trust me :D), and a sound system should be no prob. If you don't want the battery, pick up a harmonica!

Hey 10Mile.. looks like a great product. Did you get it locally? They say they will ship to continental USA only.

GLG-- no worries there. There is an automatic stop device to prevent 2ftitis... It called a wife! Wait until you see my next addition to the fleet!!

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

See-- no two footitis!!! Meet the Mojito The final addition to the fleet. The First Mate and Engineer seem to approve..:D

IMGP1500.jpg

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

You can get the "No Tubes" stuff at Mountain Equipment Coop last I checked -- that's where I got it I think -- I've had the quart in my garage for a couple of years. Picked it up at a bike shop for sure.

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

Hey 10Mile.. looks like a great product. Did you get it locally? They say they will ship to continental USA only.

GLG-- no worries there. There is an automatic stop device to prevent 2ftitis... It called a wife! Wait until you see my next addition to the fleet!!

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

TenMile
<'((((><

Back