another poacher

While it can seem like reporting does nothing at times, I have seen my personal reports turn into a busts twice. Better than none!
I agree, might seem like the report goes nowhere, but from what I've been told by Fisheries Officers the more reports the better because that helps them narrow down where the most problems are and therefore where/what to spend limited investigative time upon.

While it can seem like reporting does nothing at times, I have seen my personal reports turn into a busts twice. Better than none!

Two years ago saw a guy (could of been from Richmond o_O)netting chum salmon and took about 20 to his car on the nanaimo River. Called it in. Got a video and picture of plate. Ended in a conviction as the officer who came and got my statement eventually texted me to let me know. .

Two years ago saw a guy (could of been from Richmond o_O)netting chum salmon and took about 20 to his car on the nanaimo River. Called it in. Got a video and picture of plate. Ended in a conviction as the officer who came and got my statement eventually texted me to let me know. .
Mmmm river chum, only the best quality fish for his customers!
D3F86680-67B9-4584-B122-7492B9AD46C4.png Fun fact: when I emailed the pic to myself I titled it “Hey Chum”
I’ve still got it

Yup pretty over the top poaching, hope the judge tosses the book at em....and KEEPs the boat for the government to use for creel surveys. Ubber payback when it pulls up to check the offender next season....imagine that.

Out of province/ country anglers who get caught poaching should never be allowed to hunt or fish in BC once convicted.

Why limit it to out of provincers? Should go for BC residents as well. Looking through the convictions the DFO post on their website, most of the convictions are for BC residents.

Out of province/ country anglers who get caught poaching should never be allowed to hunt or fish in BC once convicted.
I fully agree..I would like to see the same out of province/country anglers who have vacation properties here etc. be held to the same two day possession limits as we are made to abide to..

I fully agree..I would like to see the same out of province/country anglers who have vacation properties here etc. be held to the same two day possession limits as we are made to abide to..

I’m an out of province property owner and pretty sure I buy the same federal Saltwater licence that you do and therefore follow the same rules? Not sure what your getting at?

I thought it was only a two day possession limit unless you were at your normal residence?

I thought it was only a two day possession limit unless you were at your normal residence?
Yes and the normal/permanent residence is the one on your drivers license. This has been a contentious issue with out of town property owners in Tofino as per the DFO enforcement officers

Last edited:
I’m an out of province property owner and pretty sure I buy the same federal Saltwater licence that you do and therefore follow the same rules? Not sure what your getting at?
More and more I am seeing out of province/country boats fishing every day for weeks on end. It's not difficult to count their catch during the day and simply do some math. Some times they are as brazen to make an call on the VHF stating to bring in what ever they have because the women have the pressure cookers ready to go. You can watch 4 or 5 boats reel up and head off and return an hour or less later.

Back