And So The Steely Season Begins...

Nothing better than ripping the jet steely fishing on the Stave, even better if there are seals to chase up by the dam!!

I've been been ignoring steelhead and trout for quite a few years now...but i have targetted yearly fall salmon in the same timeframe. I have suddenly got the energy to get back into it. Mostly thanks to my hobby. I have been making tackle off and on since i was the age of 13. A few years ago i started dabbling in it all again. Cant wait to get out there soon. Some worms that I made up today.
Those look great !

Stormtrooper...tried to PM but couldn’t....lol
Any chance you are gonna make anymore of your **** on DFO stickers? Used my 3 up and wanted a couple more.

I think a clear UV ghost shrimp outer layer with an under layer of translucent orange or pink body and claw, would be absolutely deadly if possible to construct in a supple yet durable non-scented plastic.

Kind of like the idea of the Qualicum Killer, layered clear UV hootchie with pink squirt inside, but adapted for steelhead.

I think a clear UV ghost shrimp outer layer with an under layer of translucent orange or pink body and claw, would be absolutely deadly if possible to construct in a supple yet durable non-scented plastic.

Kind of like the idea of the Qualicum Killer, layered clear UV hootchie with pink squirt inside, but adapted for steelhead.

I have dedicated a lot of my life in search of the ilusive steelie and ghost shrimp imitations hands down has to be the best idea I have heard in along time

I fished the imitation” crawdads “ that where scented like a rock st hookers arse and 1/3 the size of real ghost shrimp for years just to chuck something that everyone else was definitely not fishing and have easily caught 50+ Steelies on “ bass “ plastics

I think a true UV or translucent / pinkish shrimp pattern would be as deadly as roe if not better but it must be somewhat firm / almost crunchy or dry with a gummy core ( I think a lot of steelhead spit or mouth baits before the angler has any idea)

If you are out to make $ then this is the ticket

Thanks I think it’s a winner too.

I’ve seen some ideas with feather/marabou jigs but I hate jigs for Steelies and prefer the drift of a soft plastic

Last edited:
Thanks I think it’s a winner too.

I’ve seen some ideas with feather/marabou jigs but I hate jigs for Steelies and prefer the drift of a soft plastic
How can you hate jigs? They have their place and can be very effective!
I have landed some absolutely beautiful steelhead on jigs.
What dont you like about them?
Pastafarian

Bought a whole pile and despite loving them for coho I can never seem to get Steelhead on them. Don’t have the confidence basically to run them as a go to on my float rod. Usually run a worm or Jensen egg/wool on my float rod and a spoon or spinner on my casting rod.

Back