And so it begins....

:(

Honestly it was all on the builder. It is a designed hull and not his first build so he has some history to go on. He has been bang on with the pod height and size for mounting the outboards so I’m thinking he will be very close. The fuel tank is a bit bigger than I had original thought but don’t usually run totally full. I will have to see how it performs best. It’s supposed to have good sea keeping qualities and runs pretty even with little to no tabs as well. Unfortunately it’s all talk at this point...o_O

:(

Honestly it was all on the builder. It is a designed hull and not his first build so he has some history to go on. He has been bang on with the pod height and size for mounting the outboards so I’m thinking he will be very close. The fuel tank is a bit bigger than I had original thought but don’t usually run totally full. I will have to see how it performs best. It’s supposed to have good sea keeping qualities and runs pretty even with little to no tabs as well. Unfortunately it’s all talk at this point...o_O
Wicked, I figured with his quality of work he would be pretty close. :cool:

In regards to your kicker throttle.. have you looked at the itroll product? http://www.itroll.us/itroll.buy.html

The gentleman that builds/designs them, Joel, is a great guy and I can't speak highly enough of the itroll. It's a complete game changer for precision throttle control. I haven't had a single fisherman on my boat that could go back to using a conventional remote after using it.

In regards to your kicker throttle.. have you looked at the itroll product? http://www.itroll.us/itroll.buy.html

The gentleman that builds/designs them, Joel, is a great guy and I can't speak highly enough of the itroll. It's a complete game changer for precision throttle control. I haven't had a single fisherman on my boat that could go back to using a conventional remote after using it.

I haven’t looked into them but I’ll check out the link. The 150’s have an idle control feature that allows 50rpm steps but 99% of the trolling will be on the kicker. Thanks for the info!

I definitely don’t mind answering questions! The throttle for the kicker is where you said on the starboard side. There is also a rear steering wheel mounted on the same side next to the fish box. When your on the boat it doesn’t seem all that strange....imo anyways. I went back and forth in where to mount the throttle but it was going to be in the way plain and simple. I also don’t use the throttle much on the kicker where I fish other than bumping it up or down when I turn to make a tack. The other consideration for me was that I didn’t want anything else to snag the net as I usually fish solo each morning in the summer. Again it doesn’t feel as weird as it may seem honest! Lol

Ahh yes,, now it’s apparent in a couple of the other pics,, sorry missed it RS.

Yes it’s hard to make a decision sometimes on the extras as to where’s best to fit them in. What’s important is it works for you and it sounds like you’ve thought it all through. I appreciate a boat set up for fishing as top priority I can totally relate to that.

I ran the Troll Master 2 on my last boat and it was incredible, fairly reasonably priced, easy to install and a game changer. That boat was a fairly light 20’ with a 9.9 kicker so fine adjustments were needed at low rpm. A boat of your size and weight may be a different story and you will probly be running at higher rpm anyways.

I ran the Troll Master 2 on my last boat and it was incredible, fairly reasonably priced, easy to install and a game changer. That boat was a fairly light 20’ with a 9.9 kicker so fine adjustments were needed at low rpm. A boat of your size and weight may be a different story and you will probly be running at higher rpm anyways.
Good to know walleyes. I will keep it in mind after I log a few hours on the boat and see what needs tweaking or what the budget allows.

RS, I missed the part on what radio vhf you went with ? did you go with a recommendation or personal preference ?

Hey Rob....the VHF was something that was included in the build so I’m guilty of not asking too much about it. It’s a Uniden that I haven’t even had a chance to research but it looks middle of the road with the DSC and GPS connectability. It too may be upgraded depending on what the final decision on the electronics is. And in all honesty if I’m going to take this for an occasional tuna trip a second vhf and antanae will be going in.

Attachments

• 53CF50AC-EA31-4684-B95F-BA0014D9F55C.png
    53CF50AC-EA31-4684-B95F-BA0014D9F55C.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
Well as some of you know that have been following this thread the days of waiting for update pictures of the build are over...a happy and sad idea for me! :) I did however make the decision on what I'm doing for electronics. I looked at prices on the Island when I was there and on-line. I just ordered 2 Lowrance HDS 9 Carbons that I'm planning on mounting on the electronics shelf above the helm...pointing slightly down. After sitting on the boat a bit and seeing what real estate I had left after gauges etc went in I think it's going to work out best. I got a good deal on the 2 units and will post up when the install happens and when I decide on the Radar dome and transducer.

Last edited:
Well as some of you know that have been following this thread the days of waiting for update pictures of the build are over...a happy and sad idea for me! :) I did however make the decision on what I'm doing for electronics. I looked at prices on the Island when I was there and on-line. I just ordered 2 Lowrance HDS 9 Carbons that I'm planning on mounting on the electronics shelf above the helm...pointing slightly down. After sitting on the boat a bit and seeing what real estate I had left after gauges etc went in I think it's going to work out best. I got a good deal on the 2 units and will post up when the install happens and when I decide on the Radar dome and transducer.
My 2 cents worth....get that Lowrance Auto pilot!

awesome thread. You made a lot of jealous forum members! Boat looks awesome. Hope it performs as good as it looks for ya and now time to go catch a few fish.

Back