And so it begins....

It will have what he calls a guide style drop curtain. That was my choice as I wanted it wide open for fishing. If down the road I want a solid wall and door it's a pretty easy add on. The curtain will only get used on colder days and throw the Espar on for the wife! Lol. It will be similar to any walk around style boat that will have the centre panel roll up if you want and leave the side panels buttoned down. I'm sure he will have it on next week sometime.
It will have what he calls a guide style drop curtain. That was my choice as I wanted it wide open for fishing. If down the road I want a solid wall and door it's a pretty easy add on. The curtain will only get used on colder days and throw the Espar on for the wife! Lol. It will be similar to any walk around style boat that will have the centre panel roll up if you want and leave the side panels buttoned down. I'm sure he will have it on next week sometime.

I like it.

I have always preferred the open style as opposed to the enclosed cabin for a boat used mostly for fishing.

The builder sent me a picture of the serial number stamped on the hull and said the dry weight of the hull is 4762lbs. I figure it will be about 6000lbs before fuel and a little bit of tackle :D. Looks like the 8500lbs Tuff Trailer will be a good fit. Booked to fly out on the 25th...pick the boat up on the 26th and drop it off for power on the 27th. Can’t wait!

The builder sent me this picture from today while they were washing the boat and adjusting the trailer. He said the bottom paint went a bit streaky after the wash and he said they would touch it up. It’s going to happen anyways but I’m sure they want it to look showroom when I pick it up and I’m on board with that! Lol Tuesday can’t come soon enough!

Attachments

• 6F74BCBE-9CFF-4B42-B289-2B2B312D61C8.jpeg
    6F74BCBE-9CFF-4B42-B289-2B2B312D61C8.jpeg
    683.8 KB · Views: 288
What a beautiful work of art. I’ve been watching this build and getting some great ideas for a build of my own that just started. I also am getting a Tuff trailer; I’m curious how the wiring and other saltwater-unfriendly parts last — looks like Tuff uses aluminum calipers, SS pistons, etc.

Sweet boat, you gotta be on cloud nine!

Barry

What a beautiful work of art. I’ve been watching this build and getting some great ideas for a build of my own that just started. I also am getting a Tuff trailer; I’m curious how the wiring and other saltwater-unfriendly parts last — looks like Tuff uses aluminum calipers, SS pistons, etc.

Sweet boat, you gotta be on cloud nine!

Barry
Oh I definitely am! I only got to look at the trailer for an hour back in November when I picked it up. I must say I was more than impressed with it a first sight. I think overall it was a good buy for the money. You will have to keep us posted on your build when it gets going.

The builder sent me this picture from today while they were washing the boat and adjusting the trailer. He said the bottom paint went a bit streaky after the wash and he said they would touch it up. It’s going to happen anyways but I’m sure they want it to look showroom when I pick it up and I’m on board with that! Lol Tuesday can’t come soon enough!
Absolute saltwater whip right there,forgive me for forgetting what power was going on it ? And LOA was 25’?

Thanks Jeff! I am putting on twin Yamaha F150's and a 9.9HT kicker. The hull dimensions ended up being 25' X 9'3" with a 30" pod. The pod itself is basically a hull extension so it should ride like a bit bigger boat than a 25'. I guess the length overall is 27.5'. Here is an older pic from the thread to that shows it a bit better.

Attachments

• pic79.jpg
    pic79.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 213
No there is a bracket for the kicker on the port side of the pod. I have seen it done that way on a few boats though. Is yours set up that way?

No there is a bracket for the kicker on the port side of the pod. I have seen it done that way on a few boats though. Is yours set up that way?
No, i don't run a kicker. Just troll on my 150's but have seen it done and looks slick. I think is the way to go if you're trolling deep where there is lots of current to keep your down
rigger lines out of the prop

I agree it does look slick on the ones I’ve seen. The current out at Swift Sure can do some weird things some days for sure. When it’s really strong most guys just run a long tack and pull the gear up and run back up the hill and start over.

Well kind of a repeat but I got him to get a picture without a ladder or scaffold in it! He also sent me dozens of pictures in the early stages with his stepping stool photo bombing the pic! I think the wrap color is a bit more true to color in these as well.

Attachments

• 333B1001-5868-4E1A-ACD3-3618CD56C8C2.jpeg
    333B1001-5868-4E1A-ACD3-3618CD56C8C2.jpeg
    595.8 KB · Views: 241
Well kind of a repeat but I got him to get a picture without a ladder or scaffold in it! He also sent me dozens of pictures in the early stages with his stepping stool photo bombing the pic! I think the wrap color is a bit more true to color in these as well.

Damnnnn...that's a really REALLY good looking boat! You must be so stoked!

What's that little round logo on the side of the cabin? Is that the manufacturer's logo?

Damnnnn...that's a really REALLY good looking boat! You must be so stoked!

What's that little round logo on the side of the cabin? Is that the manufacturer's logo?
Thanks PE! Stoked isn't the word......As far as the Logo goes it isn't the builder's. I'm assuming he will be putting his on before I pick up the boat. He usually seems to put them on the sides near the stern somewhere. The Logo is one you would only recognize if you grew up watching Star Wars movies....like me...and now my kids.:D Yes.....I know....not everyone's cup of tea. lol

Last edited:
That is one classy looking vessel!!!!

Thanks PE! Stroked isn't the word......As far as the Logo goes it isn't the builder's. I'm assuming he will be putting his on before I pick up the boat. He usually seems to put them on the sides near the stern somewhere. The Logo is one you would only recognize if you grew up watching Star Wars movies....like me...and now my kids.:D Yes.....I know....not everyone's cup of tea. lol

Gotcha. Never seen Star Wars so I have no idea.

Back