And so it begins....

Looks great!

Do you know what type of ceiling paneling is installed?

No I don't know the exact product but it's supposed to be water proof along with the trim. I can ask him tomorrow if you want. I have to try and nail him down to some sort of delivery date so I can book some flights and get the power rigged.

Reactions: NDT
No I don't know the exact product but it's supposed to be water proof along with the trim. I can ask him tomorrow if you want. I have to try and nail him down to some sort of delivery date so I can book some flights and get the power rigged.
Same thing I was wondering about the ceiling. Wrap look phenomenal! Are you doing the kiwi grip yourself? What’s going on the floor in the cab?

Reactions: NDT
Same thing I was wondering about the ceiling. Wrap look phenomenal! Are you doing the kiwi grip yourself? What’s going on the floor in the cab?

He is doing the Kiwi Grip on the bow and gunnels. They have also prepped the floor in the cabin and rear deck for it as well. I’m guessing it will be the last thing done so they don’t paint themselves into a corner....

Last edited:
He is doing the Kiwi Grip on the bow and gunnels. They have also prepped the floor in the cabin and rear deck for it as well. I’m guessing it will be the last thing done so they don’t paint themselves into a corner....
Rogue One looks wicked cool! The gunmetal was the best colour choice for that bad boy

A small update from the builder today. Looks like the Kiwi Grip is done on the bow...gunnels and rear deck/cabin. They have also mounted the rear steering pump and the lines for the outboards. I can also see that they mounted the Shockwave base at least on the passenger side. The latest update is that it’s going to be done in 2 weeks! Then off to Victoria to get the power mounted. I see an airplane ride in my near future.

Attachments

• 4E8B93AA-187F-42BA-A361-27E3A9BDACDF.jpeg
    4E8B93AA-187F-42BA-A361-27E3A9BDACDF.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 241
A small update from the builder today. Looks like the Kiwi Grip is done on the bow...gunnels and rear deck/cabin. They have also mounted the rear steering pump and the lines for the outboards. I Can also see that they mounted the Shickwave base at least on the passenger side. The latest update is that it’s going to be done in 2 weeks! Then off to Victoria to get the power mounted. I see a airplane ride in my near future.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! LOOK AT THAT THING!

That is one sweet looking ride Slim, I ‘m excited to see how it looks all powered up so can’t imagine how you feel. I might have to go see it when it’s getting powered as it will be less than a couple miles from me :)

That is one sweet looking ride Slim, I ‘m excited to see how it looks all powered up so can’t imagine how you feel. I might have to go see it when it’s getting powered as it will be less than a couple miles from me :)
Thanks RG....kinda like waiting for Christmas to be honest. I haven’t booked my flights yet to come out but sometime the last week of March hopefully.

Starting to look pretty deadly, you must be getting awfully excited. What are you doing for power again? The black with grey side panel e tech would look sweet

Starting to look pretty deadly, you must be getting awfully excited. What are you doing for power again? The black with grey side panel e tech would look sweet
I went with twin 150 Yamaha's and a 9.9 kicker. I did look into the E techs. However after talking with one of his last build owners that look was short. It's a Chevy Ford thing.... I just happen to drive a Dodge!

Is there going to be a fully enclosed cabin?

Or just open with a canvas?
It will have what he calls a guide style drop curtain. That was my choice as I wanted it wide open for fishing. If down the road I want a solid wall and door it's a pretty easy add on. The curtain will only get used on colder days and throw the Espar on for the wife! Lol. It will be similar to any walk around style boat that will have the centre panel roll up if you want and leave the side panels buttoned down. I'm sure he will have it on next week sometime.

Last edited:
Back