Amundson Trend tmx4 bound up on me?

DVL U Know

Last time out fishing my amundson reel bound up on it self. The drag basically got stuck down tight and wouldn't release, with a hundred feet of line out. Had to attack my drag knob with my pliers to wind it back.

Any thoughts?

I have recently swapped out the drag springs with islander ones, and have had them open to service/ clean them when they need it with no problems but a broken clicker spring. All still looks the same after this last incident...but has got me worried.

And don't tell me I should have bought islanders...I shook the money tree and there ain't nothing there.

Could be lubrication issue? Contact Robert at pacific net and twine in parksville he'll take care of ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had one of my three do this to me where it sort of locked up
i think its the return pawl/clicker getting stuck
stripped em down and cleaned them and made sure every spring clicker pawl was sitting true and seated right
as i had a fish take line on me and it did not sound right make sure you not backing them off to much as i think there may be a bit of play in there and thus the clicker comes off it seat and can get locked up

hope this explains helps
but all in all the reels i would still recommend especially if on a non islander budget

Another problem I had was when I dis-assembled my rod the other day, mono slacked off on the spool and went in between the cradle and spool through the gap and made a tangled mess... Had to dis-assemble, not a big deal, but caused some swearing I didn't need to take it apart so soon! :p

i had one of my three do this to me where it sort of locked up
i think its the return pawl/clicker getting stuck
stripped em down and cleaned them and made sure every spring clicker pawl was sitting true and seated right
as i had a fish take line on me and it did not sound right make sure you not backing them off to much as i think there may be a bit of play in there and thus the clicker comes off it seat and can get locked up

hope this explains helps
but all in all the reels i would still recommend especially if on a non islander budget

Sounds like what happened to me. I have been in my reels a lot, lubing and cleaning and tweaking...I think next time I am in parksville I will go by PNT and get them to look them over.

Back