Alouette Lake Kokanee

heading out Sunday to try to catch my daughter her first fish. Anyone been out recently?

I heard it's been very spotty, Kokanee fishing went down hill when they started releasing them into the river.

I heard it's been very spotty, Kokanee fishing went down hill when they started releasing them into the river.

Thanks for the info. I'll post a picture if we manage to make it happen

look at the face !!! Love it . Nothing like the look on the little ones faces when they bring one in . Awesome picture .

That time of year again.... anyone been out to Allouette lately? Is the boat launch accessible atm? I’m thinking of hitting the lake next weekend and give it a good trolling shift. Any recent updates would be appreciated.

That time of year again.... anyone been out to Allouette lately? Is the boat launch accessible atm? I’m thinking of hitting the lake next weekend and give it a good trolling shift. Any recent updates would be appreciated.
Let me know how it goes

I was there a couple of weeks ago, first I went to Buntzen to do a little fishing and try and find out what the range I can get on my 65 lb trust motor. Big blue fence block me. So I go to Allouette lake witch is 50 klicks from Buntzen. Back the jeep down the ramp to the waters edge, pop the hatch start pulling the mariner 3 out, only to discover I'm tired and hungry. So I went home.

Long story short...yes it's accessible.

With the current state of affairs on the tidal salmon fishery, I decided to take the kids out to the lake and use the riggers in fresh water. We were at the launch by 9:30 and surprisingly there were only a couple of guys in the lineup. Quick launch and plenty of trailer parking at that time. Dropped the line in 35 and 45 and started trolling north of the launch towards the campground and the creek mouth. Had one Kokanee on the deeper line, wedding band tipped with cured shrimp on a dogger. Second hit was on the shallow line, willow leaf and small red plug tipped with meat. Water temp was 12 degrees at the warmest point. Then trolled across the lake by the pilings. Marked a few suspended fish in 60’ of water. Anchored for lunch and dropped a wedding band with shrimp on the downrigger 25’ while having our lunch. That brought us the 3rd fish!!
We didn’t mark any schools of fish. Also, fish that we caught were fairly small.
Our experience with retrieving the boat was quite different. The usual sh*tshoe at the launch and people fighting with each other on the parking spots.

If we don’t cross the street for some ling fishing, I’ll try to hit the lake on the long weekend for an early morning troll. Will report later.
1621210095616.png

With the current state of affairs on the tidal salmon fishery, I decided to take the kids out to the lake and use the riggers in fresh water. We were at the launch by 9:30 and surprisingly there were only a couple of guys in the lineup. Quick launch and plenty of trailer parking at that time. Dropped the line in 35 and 45 and started trolling north of the launch towards the campground and the creek mouth. Had one Kokanee on the deeper line, wedding band tipped with cured shrimp on a dogger. Second hit was on the shallow line, willow leaf and small red plug tipped with meat. Water temp was 12 degrees at the warmest point. Then trolled across the lake by the pilings. Marked a few suspended fish in 60’ of water. Anchored for lunch and dropped a wedding band with shrimp on the downrigger 25’ while having our lunch. That brought us the 3rd fish!!
We didn’t mark any schools of fish. Also, fish that we caught were fairly small.
Our experience with retrieving the boat was quite different. The usual sh*tshoe at the launch and people fighting with each other on the parking spots.

If we don’t cross the street for some ling fishing, I’ll try to hit the lake on the long weekend for an early morning troll. Will report later.
View attachment 65770
And yeah don’t need to flush the engine when you get home or wash all the salt off the boat.

Went out yesterday and continued my steak of only catching rainbows caught 2 nice ones, or well my son did. I lost 4 fish including a nice one the popped the clip at 20 feet deep in 80 feet of water.

We worked the edges and likely why we only caught rainbow, talking to a guy that caught 1 kokanee he caught it right in the middle of the lake.

1623343568249.png1623343568273.png1623343568306.png1623343568330.png

Back