"Alone" T.V. Show....

Seafever

Caught the first episode last night.

Looks like it all took place up around Winter Harbor way......Bear Cove?.....saw some Bear Cove boats in the show.

Anybody happen to be up around there when they were filming?

First guy to go lasted one night..........a couple of bears snooped around his shelter and that was enough to make him head for home.....

Can't really tell what time of year it took place....guessing early fall?

I saw the first episode and enjoyed it. Also wondering exactly where it was filmed? Bear Cove Cottages is based out of Port Hardy.

On the map on the show it looked like they had them scattered all around the hills and shores of Winter Harbour area.....

But one of the boats that dropped them off was a "Bear Cove Cottages " boat....

I think it said filmed in fall - most likely 3rd week of October then as they were showing temps around 2-3 degrees, - that was first cold snap of the fall. Be interesting as it goes on since it got really cold in mid November (-6). Bear Cove was just used for transport and housing the production crew - as map showed, they were scattered around Quatsino Sound/Winter Harbour.

Love all the 'comments' about how easy it would be and 'oh, we call that camping around here'...no friggin way in hell would I consider that.

Hey Guys,

We dropped all 10 guys the first week of November over out in Quastino Sound and a few guys out near Winter Harbour. All these guys are in locations that are boat access only.

My company was hired as the head quarters of the show at the cottages and my boats and myself we hired to be part of the Emergency Response Rescue team that were on call 24/7 to head out and rescue these guys whenever they wanted to quite the game.

It was a hell of a lot of fun I tell ya, you never knew when these guys were going to pull the pin.

Hope everyone enjoys the next 9 shows. It's the real deal, these guys were Alone, with nothing but what they could carry on their backs.

Cheers

Hey Guys,

We dropped all 10 guys the first week of November over out in Quastino Sound and a few guys out near Winter Harbour. All these guys are in locations that are boat access only.

My company was hired as the head quarters of the show at the cottages and my boats and myself we hired to be part of the Emergency Response Rescue team that were on call 24/7 to head out and rescue these guys whenever they wanted to quite the game.

It was a hell of a lot of fun I tell ya, you never knew when these guys were going to pull the pin.

Hope everyone enjoys the next 9 shows. It's the real deal, these guys were Alone, with nothing but what they could carry on their backs.

Cheers

Deewar25:-.....I don't see any comments yet in this thread about "how easy it would be" etc etc.......:confused:

Deewar25:-.....I don't see any comments yet in this thread about "how easy it would be" etc etc.......:confused:
referring to various media when news first came out...paper comments, Facebook comments on west shore buzz, zone etc etc. So beginning of November. That means cold snap not far away...will be interesting to see how the southerners deal with that. Love all these shows. Besides naked & afraid which would be real deal in its own way, I bet this is the hardest! One thing I find interesting so far is they still feel they must boil their water. Man, I drank out of 100s of creeks when I worked in that area and so did my coworkers. It may have done my gut a disservice now to some degree I figure, but I never had an issue back then.

I guess one rolls the dice when drinking creek water. Might be ok......might not...

The only bout of Giardia I ever had was from drinking water from Sproat lake when I lived there a long time ago. The community water supply was from a pump in a small bay.

I remember feeling like I had acid-indigestion all the time for days...along with a flue-like feeling.......the biggest thing was how weak it made me feel......just lifting a teaspoon seemed like a major task at one point.

Finally went to the doctor and he gave me some pills to kill off the parasite and I was ok pretty quick after that.

Hey Guys,

Cheers
Cool, thanx for the info. Just wondering if the drop off points were pre scouted as to having a fresh water source?

Wise Guy,

Yes we did pre scout the locations in Sept to make sure that they did have some sort of water source near by and some sort of food source, whether it be tidal water stuff, vegetation things like that. Most spots were really quite similar and nobody really had an advantage. Each player picked a number out of a hat to determine who went where.

They company had a survival analyst that went on shore to make sure they all had the basics to survive, the rest was up to the players as to how they used their area.

It was quite an eye opening experience for me seeing this happen. We all think that being from the area it would be easy. After watching these guys and what they had to go throughout to survive with the 10 things they picked to bring with them it gave me a whole new respect for the land and what these guys tried to do.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the show.

Cheers

It airs at 7 pm Pacific time every Thursday for the next 9 weeks on History East, then again on History West on Friday.

It's on right now if anyone wants to watch.

Curious to know if this was filmed in Nov. 2014 or 2013? Pretty quick production time if it was 2014.
Enjoyed episode 1 and looking forward to all the rest.

We dropped them first week of November 2014. We picked up data cards weekly and they were working on the footage daily while the guys were still on the ground. Had lots ready before the last guy was standing.

Next show if tomorrow at 7pm on History.

Well?

Thoughts on last nights show?

I have not seen any of the shows, all new to me, only know who came off when and who wins.

I thought it was good.

Back