Alone season 6...

Discussion in 'General Open Forum' started by jeffywestcoast, Jun 8, 2019.

1. jeffywestcoast

jeffywestcoast Well-Known Member

just watched the new season premiere of Alone ,quite the location this time up north. Was a tough break for Tim with the leg breaker on day four.I think my money is on the guy who plucked the squirrel thru the ears.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. spring time

spring time Well-Known Member

It’s going to be a good one as always, I see in the preview someone Kills moose.

jeffywestcoast and Rain City like this.
  3. ziggy

ziggy Well-Known Member

Based on weather I wonder if this will play out quickly. First episode and it’s already just slightly above freezing. Going to be a tough slog to survive there, hats off to those who are trying.

jeffywestcoast likes this.
  4. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

my money's on alexandra morton's nabour lol, Good first episode. Someone successfully using a small gillnet was nice to see.

5. jeffywestcoast

Is that the lady from echo bay? been to echo bay once , up near Gilford island I believe, tough area you could damn near walk across the run of northern coho that runs thru there. I can’t wait to see the moose kill and the wolverine kill they showed in the preview.

6. Prawn Star

Prawn Star Active Member

It will be interesting to see how long they last in -40 conditions. The four we saw did not seem to be in a hurry to build a shelter. Does anyone know where the base camp is? Just guessing it might be Plummers lodge.

7. tyeeking

tyeeking Active Member

With a moose, a proper shelter and the right state of mind, barring injury a person could last a long time.

8. alumaman

alumaman Active Member

I remember those small flakes of dense snow in mid Sept. Sometimes it would warm up and go other times it was there to stay. Let's hope it goes away for thier sake. I was an eternal optimist and hoped for warmer weather and when it didnt happen I rounded up the yard tools in the spring...

9. Andrew P

Andrew P Well-Known Member

Nikki lives up in Echo Bay. Definitely rooting for her. When we were there last summer and she showed our boys her cool wood traps.

jeffywestcoast and BCRingo like this.
  10. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

For being survival experts, I thought it was odd that all of them that were aired did not have a shelter. Other seasons people have had some nice things built by day 4.

11. Pineapple Express

Pineapple Express Active Member

Where/how are you watching this? Online streaming or torrents? Or on old-school cable TV?

12. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

Its on the history channel, Can get it through multiple media platforms.

https://www.history.com/shows/alone

Pineapple Express likes this.
  13. jeffywestcoast

Very cool was up there years ago installing a satellite tv in a Interfor camp. Hope she does well.

wildmanyeah likes this.
  14. BearCove

BearCove Crew Member

Really enjoyed the first episode, looks like a tough, rugged place to survive. Going to be a real challenge for these contestants this year. Very much looking forward to watching how things go down. Having some Vancouver Island representation is fantastic, I'll be cheering for her all the way.

wildmanyeah and jeffywestcoast like this.
  15. jeffywestcoast

I think the next guy to drop will be the guy who never brought the fire starter, going to be tough using those primitive methods in the snow , took him a few days to get er going in the dry so we will have to see.

Unreel and wildmanyeah like this.
  16. Derby

Derby Crew Member

just watched last night...this is going to be a interesting season....

wildmanyeah and jeffywestcoast like this.
  17. Tips Up

Tips Up Well-Known Member

This guy won't last long.

Derby likes this.
  18. BearCove

BearCove Crew Member

Crazy not bringing a faro rod, what was he thinking? Bow drill fire for as long as he’s in the game, crazy.

Unreel, jeffywestcoast and Derby like this.
  19. casper5280

casper5280 Well-Known Member

Sure wish the 1st show was a couple hours so that you could meet all the players.

20. jeffywestcoast

Instead he brought the gill net i believe , must have been sushi the first couple days.

Rain City likes this.