All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great story. I just found out Starfish Medical R and D team is going to ridiculously busy in Victoria. They are designing the respirators to be made in Canada. I think the manufacturing is happening in Ontario. Still good thing regardless for island and the have an excellent design team there.

Great story. I just found out Starfish Medical R and D team is going to ridiculously busy in Victoria. They are designing the respirators to be made in Canada. I think the manufacturing is happening in Ontario. Still good thing regardless for island and the have an excellent design team there.
Credit for posting the story goes to 'wildmanyeah'

The result of Mr.T's choices will be less respect and customers in the future will look elsewhere. This will pass and as Premier Ford says, "We'll remember who stood by us."

British Columbia’s chief medical officer of health Dr. Bonnie Henry and health minister Adrian Dix provided an update on the COVID-19 response in the province on Tuesday. They announced that four more British Columbians had died as a result of the virus, bringing the province’s total to 43. However, the number of new confirmed COVID-19 cases dropped again on Tuesday to its lowest in the last three weeks. Twenty-five new confirmed cases were reported, as opposed to the 26 new cases that were announced on Monday. Henry added that “this is our time to care and protect each other” and that the province needs to “continue to stay united and stay strong.” Dix stated that B.C. had more than 4,500 empty hospital beds ready in case of a surge of new serious infections. As of April 7, the province had 1,291 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 805 of whom have fully recovered.

Holy frack .... If this doesn't scary the stuffin out of Albertans then nothing will.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...to-address-albertans-about-covid-19-1.5524795

Absolute insane projections. Even the epicentre of USA, New York, has to revamp their peojections to literally 20% of their initial “scare people” projections. And that’s literally the worst place in North America. Thing is, they can make these projections then when it’s a sliver of what they say they can they handled it amazingly etc

It’s the curve in New York without social distancing cases were doubling at a rate of 3 days. With social distancing and after about 14 days the curve bent and the doubling rate is slowing.

Social distancing is working well better then most models predicted.

The bad news is in Asian country’s where they are letting up on it their cases are raising.

That posses a long term issue

John Prine
Born:October 10, 1946, Maywood, Illinois, U.S.
Died:April 06, 2020

It’s the curve in New York without social distancing cases were doubling at a rate of 3 days. With social distancing and after about 14 days the curve bent and the doubling rate is slowing.

Social distancing is working well better then most models predicted.

The bad news is in Asian country’s where they are letting up on it their cases are raising.

That posses a long term issue

you sure about that?! Not debating ya just haven’t read anything to that degree from a reputable news source minus the usual fake news on Facebook.

The point you are missing is they are not testing enough.
They haven’t begun to do large numbers of people yet.
They now know that people who are carriers may show nothing of the major things like coughs, temperature etc.
We need testing on a major scale and until we do that we have no ideal what we are into.

Last edited:
That's why actually testing pepole is so important. Its using science "battle" the virus. Its flying blind....

If any of the other 5 provinces that are currently testing more people then BC, reduced their testing to match BC. Then they would have the same data and trends as BC.

My understanding is that’s not true at all. BC is being lauded for what’s going on here. Think %’s are reason why

Yeah our team is hard at work getting the design complete. I work at StarFish. Long hours but i'm still dreaming of the fishing I hope to get back to doing when its all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back