All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
20% are not needing to be hospitalized more like 10% but it varies country to country but never 20%
Just went from the numbers on the quote. Even at 10% that's 5884 people that we are not equipped to deal with. I was just trying to put things into more of a closer to home perspective.

Thanks for the post but I found the content in the link to be a bit confusing as I have been watching the news coming out of the UK and didn't seem to match what I heard. The UK changed their strategy a few days ago and are now doing the "social distance" thing and that has a lot of the pub goers very upset. I poked around and read the link they provided to "New Scientist" but that didn't match up with what "Dailywire" was trying to point out either. I then checked twitter and found this, from the guy in question, Neil Ferguson.

https://twitter.com/neil_ferguson/status/1243294815200124928

I think it would be helpful if I cleared up some confusion that has emerged in recent days. Some have interpreted my evidence to a UK parliamentary committee as indicating we have substantially revised our assessments of the potential mortality impact of COVID-19.

This is not the case. Indeed, if anything, our latest estimates suggest that the virus is slightly more transmissible than we previously thought. Our lethality estimates remain unchanged.

My evidence to Parliament referred to the deaths we assess might occur in the UK in the presence of the very intensive social distancing and other public health interventions now in place.

Without those controls, our assessment remains that the UK would see the scale of deaths reported in our study (namely, up to approximately 500 thousand).

Add a link to the New Scientist article
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...e-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

Last edited:
Just watched the live-stream of the Provincial health press conference with Adrian Dix and Dr. Bonnie Henry...what was most interesting to me was that Adrian Dix seemed to be getting quite emotional towards the end of his prepared remarks when he was asking for 100% compliance. I can't imagine the pressure and stress that he and Dr. Henry must be under during this time. Tough gig during a tough time.

The numbers of cases being reported each day seem to matter less and less though, considering that accessing testing seems to be so restricted.

AND...

Terminated without warning from their end at 2 hours 48 minutes.
No surprise.

Back on the Trying To Even Get In Merry-Go-Round... Again :mad:

Nog

I can definitely understand your extreme frustration. I was on hold for hours with our mortgage company and then put my number "in the priority queue for call-back" and never got called back.

I'm curious though...what if you call the other phone line that @fishin solo posted and see if you can come at this problem from another angle, or maybe be given some other "side door" entrance to get the support you need??

Hey are you calling this # 1-833-381-2725 ? This is for people who are already on EI or filed online and or making changes because of covid. It took my son 1 hour to get through then 5 minutes on hold.

... I'm curious though...what if you call the other phone line that @fishin solo posted and see if you can come at this problem from another angle, or maybe be given some other "side door" entrance to get the support you need??

When you call that number, you are directly warned that they will NOT entertain anything but EXACTLY what they specify.
I don't meet that.
They go on to tell you that should you persist anyway, you will be turned away regardless of your situation.

Another hour and change on hold (managed to get through somehow).
They close in 1/2 hour.
Have the feeling today ain't the day...

Choked,
Nog

When you call that number, you are directly warned that they will NOT entertain anything but EXACTLY what they specify.
I don't meet that.
They go on to tell you that should you persist anyway, you will be turned away regardless of your situation.

They close in 1/2 hour.

Choked,
Nog

That sucks man. I hope you can get things resolved soon.

basically everyone I know got laid off in the last week. Millions of people are dying to get in.

If your a student and worked last summer you can apply for the new federal 2k a month

I don't meet that.

They close in 1/2 hour.

Choked,
Nog

It reminds me of exactly what happened to me when I tried to cancel my family vacation a couple weeks ago after things blew up and the government said not to go. I had a 72hr window to get my refund from Expedia & westjet. I spent 3 days on hold &/or busy signal and missed the window. Almost $6k gone....

It's a faking joke

It reminds me of exactly what happened to me when I tried to cancel my family vacation a couple weeks ago after things blew up and the government said not to go. I had a 72hr window to get my refund from Expedia & westjet. I spent 3 days on hold &/or busy signal and missed the window. Almost $6k gone....

It's a faking joke

Same happened to a friend he had to go to the airport to cancel it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back