All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another sob story about how someone on the younger side was afflicted by this horrible respiratory novel virus. Something tells me she was having difficulty breathing before covid. We have a health crisis in North America and it's not a virus folks. I wonder if she will mix in a salad and hit the treadmill after this near death experience...

If we are really interested in pro-longing everyones lives we should lockdown the country to prevent people from crushing fast food and double doubles from Tim Hortons everyday for christ sake

Like Russia
And WRT China, I wouldn’t thrust any new that comes out of that country. When was the last time that they said the truth? Unless you’re suggesting that we all should be naive and wish for something like the PRC government to fix the global issues.
I agree. USA also in that same group though. You can’t believe a word from the current administration

hmmm check out Viet nam. Compare them to the United States. It’s right there in black and white.
Keep comparing apples with oranges and make whatever conclusions you like. I’m not going to debate here on a fishing forum. At the end of the day, the key to this problem is through science and we all better trust in our common sense and our democratic foundations before cheering for others’ achievements- or lack of!

Keep comparing apples with oranges and make whatever conclusions you like. I’m not going to debate here on a fishing forum. At the end of the day, the key to this problem is through science and we all better trust in our common sense and our democratic foundations before cheering for others’ achievements- or lack of!
No debate. This is the same thing I’m saying. The whole issue is that there’s people who lack the common sense to do what’s right.

index.php

BBQAnon goes for three hots and a cot.

Locks have been changed on Adamson Barbecue, the Etobicoke restaurant that has been opening in defiance of lockdown rules and “it’s going to be closed today, you can be sure of that,” Mayor John Tory said Thursday.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ampaign=GTA&utm_content=todayscoronavirusnews

US has nearly 13 million cases on a population of 330 million, France has 2.2 million on a population of 45 million, UK has 1.6 million on a population of 68 million. Russia has 2.2 million cases on a population of 145 million. Iran has 0.9 million on a population of 85 million, Vietnam has 1300 on a population damn near 100 million. Seems the ones that suck at pandemics are mostly freedom loving democracies.

US has nearly 13 million cases on a population of 330 million, France has 2.2 million on a population of 45 million, UK has 1.6 million on a population of 68 million. Russia has 2.2 million cases on a population of 145 million. Iran has 0.9 million on a population of 85 million, Vietnam has 1300 on a population damn near 100 million. Seems the ones that suck at pandemics are mostly freedom loving democracies.
According to a doctor in Leduc i know Alberta has more cases per capita than the US

According to a doctor in Leduc i know Alberta has more cases per capita than the US

Probably true. We have 14,000 active cases with a population of ~4.5 million. Its gotten a little crazy. However like BC the majority of or hot spots are centralized to certain areas.... hopefully we see a trend down in a couple weeks.

Others think the rise in cases is the typical competition bettween Calgary & Edmonton on who can get higher numbers. With Hockey season done its possible?

Last edited:
And you trust the numbers rhat come from places like Iran and Vietnam? Or their testing volume? The freedom loving ones are the ones that haven’t fully mixed science with politics and you can somehow trust their numbers. I remember an ex-reality show celebrity who was saying “stop testing- the issue will go away”

Wandering off topic yet again. Trying hard to keep this on track and respectful. As a few of you have pointed out, we can have different opinions and still pull together to work through this thing. It will come with pain and suffering, some short term and some long term, but at the end of the day we are all going to be affected. I have spent the better part of the past 6 months figuring out how to, first, get kids on the ice for hockey and now, trying to keep them there. Through it all, I have witnessed a variety of attitudes and behaviours in humans of all ages. They run the gamut from very nervous and concerned to dismissive of Covid in general. I try to be respectful and listen to people's concerns and most find a compromise for themselves, once they feel they have been heard, and make hockey happen for their kids. I don't debate whether they are right or wrong because, frankly, I do not have the expertise to have that debate. Instead, I give them an opportunity to tell me what is bothering them and let them find their comfort level with how to move forward. I think anyone or any government that professes to have all the answers is kidding themselves. Let's hope the vaccine's are rolled out as quickly as possible, in a safe manner, and are as effective as the trials have shown. In the meantime, let's try to honour each other's voice in this forum. You don't need to agree with others but dismissing their opinion and being demeaning or disrespectful with your counter opinion should be checked before you hit enter on your posts.

Thanks,

Brian

Kids hockey’s what a gong show it’s been to yhe lower main land, went from no hockey, to social distancing seating, to making the parents wait out side to then being closed again

feel for all the hockey parents out there

Probably true. We have 14,000 active cases with a population of ~4.5 million. Its gotten a little crazy. However like BC the majority of or hot spots are centralized to certain areas.... hopefully we see a trend down in a couple weeks.

Others think the rise in cases is the typical competition bettween Calgary & Edmonton on who can get higher numbers. With Hockey season done its possible?

One really has to question some of these numbers though and this goes for right across the country. I believe to some great extent they are quite out to lunch. I mean take AB as of Nov 15 they had 0 yes 0 reported influenza cases. Are we to believe that or would the more logical answer be that anyone that comes in with such symptoms is automatically a Covid case.

Kids hockey’s what a gong show it’s been to yhe lower main land, went from no hockey, to social distancing seating, to making the parents wait out side to then being closed again

feel for all the hockey parents out there
Like everything to do with Covid, it has been a daily and vigilant grind, but the smiles on the kids faces have been worth the effort.

Hallmark you have valid points that need to be brought to the light. It's tough to talk about but it's a reality. No one wants anyone to die. But this is a pandemic & tough chocies need to be made.

Below are exact numbers from yesterday...

Another 10 deaths were reported on Thursday:

• A woman in her 90s linked to the outbreak at Mayerthorpe Extendicare in the North zone.
  • A woman in her 80s linked to the outbreak at Covenant Care Chateau Vitaline in the Edmonton zone.
  • A woman in her 80s linked to the outbreak at Mount Royal Revera in the Calgary zone.
  • A man in his 90s linked to the outbreak at Laurel Heights Retirement Residence in the Edmonton zone.
  • A man in his 80s linked to the outbreak at Luxstone Manor in the Calgary zone.
  • A woman in her 90s linked to the outbreak at the Edmonton Chinatown Care Centre.
  • A man in his 80s linked to the outbreak at Capital Care Strathcona.
  • A man in his 90s linked to the outbreak at South Country Village in the South zone.
  • A man in his 80s linked to the outbreak at Covenant Care Chateau Vitaline in the

Last edited:
I have deleted the last number of posts that are really dealing with a morality issue that is beyond the scope of what should be discussed here. Life and death decisions are faced by medical professionals backed by years of training and scientific knowledge to know when to say no more can be done. I think we will leave that part of the discussion out of our mostly layman hands as it is not a topic we are equipped to speak to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back