All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long term seniors care homes definitely need to be looked at top to bottom
That will require politics.
No covid on the island and the north, not political at all.

I get that the whole province needs standardized health orders, that makes sense. I do not want all the covid city party people coming to Campbell River to party.
But there is a line, and you can hear Dr. Henry talk about it concerning mandatory masks, where the no covid places may stop complying.
This is not my personal opinion and if I am a sociopath, it's not because of my decisions on wearing a mask, which I do in places where distancing is not possible.

Just stop the morality winge that old people will not die if there was no covid. False equivalency.

Coronavirus Update With Anthony Fauci - October 28, 2020

Anthony S. Fauci, MD returns to JAMA's Q&A series to discuss the latest developments in the COVID-19 pandemic, including the continued importance of nonpharmaceutical interventions (masking, handwashing, physical distancing) for managing rising case numbers in the US and globally.

Yep, we need a vaccine. Any progress on this front is good news. Obviously not to be rushed on the testing side, but the news lately seems to be trending in the right direction. Now, hopefully, the anti-vaxxers don't come out. I wonder how many anti-vaxxers cross over with anti maskers.

Really tires of seeing a small number people in grocery stores and Costco not wearing a mask!
They are selfish and don't give a damn if they give it to someone.
Contrary to what some may believe the risk is still there and we all need to do what we can to minimize the threat.
BC Health | Mandatory Mask Usage Across BC Shared Public Spaces

https://www.change.org/p/bc-ministry-of-health-mandate-mandatory-mask-usage-in-bc

Last edited by a moderator:
Mandatory masking won't fix ****.
Transit has mandatory masking but does not enforce.
Do not make rules you cannot enforce. That's when the real problems start.
Why do I feel I must say that i mask where distancing is not possible on this thread.

Mandatory masking won't fix ****.

“ The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) include face masks in their recommendations for slowing the spread of the virus. “

“The Public Health Agency of Canada recommends wearing a non-medical mask or face covering in public places, especially crowded ones, when physical distancing — keeping a distance of two metres from other people — isn't possible to do consistently. Such places include stores, shopping areas and public transportation.CDC) include face masks in their recommendations for slowing the spread of the virus. “
and in today TC
287 new COVID-19 cases in B.C., as hospitalizations hit six-month high
Wednesday — including three in the Island Health region — and two new deaths.

But then there is the Trump Covid solution which many support.

Last edited by a moderator:
“ The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) include face masks in their recommendations for slowing the spread of the virus. “

“The Public Health Agency of Canada recommends wearing a non-medical mask or face covering in public places, especially crowded ones, when physical distancing — keeping a distance of two metres from other people — isn't possible to do consistently. Such places include stores, shopping areas and public transportation.CDC) include face masks in their recommendations for slowing the spread of the virus. “

But then there is the Trump Covid solution which many support.

I thiiiiink that @Gong Show is saying that rules that aren't enforced are not effective (ie mandatory mask rule for transit....not enforced). Seems to me that the people who believe in masks use them and those that don't...don't. Making a law isn't going to change many people's behaviour (in my opinion)

Masks have to some degree become a form of virtue signaling. The non-maskers like to show how unafraid and freedom loving they are, and the mask wearers use it as a visual symbol of how solicitous they are of the health of others. These groups are the most vocal in their rhetoric supporting their position.

Then there are the rest of us who just follow Dr Bonnie's request to wear a mask when physical distancing isn't possible. Such a small thing, not a big ask at all.

Masks, just another thing to divide us into tribes. Look, for better or worse we live in a free country which means you're never going to be able to force every person to conform without major blowback....especially on something that clearly isn't working. Many European countries with mandatory masking policies are seeing tens of thousands of cases a day right now.

Masks, just another thing to divide us into tribes. Look, for better or worse we live in a free country which means you're never going to be able to force every person to conform without major blowback....especially on something that clearly isn't working. Many European countries with mandatory masking policies are seeing tens of thousands of cases a day right now.
I can’t help but wonder how many cases there would be without masks

Nothing.
What I am saying is that we are probably seeing the maximum number of people wearing masks right now.
I am of the opinion that if masks are made mandatory, it will not cause more people to wear masks.
The Pareto Principle.
If masks are made mandatory, then anti-maskers will start to really rally, the sanctimonious will yell louder at non-maskers ans a bunch of us will lose even more faith in our fellow citizens.
We are at the point where this is a medical problem as much as a societal problem. The hospitalization rate is flat, let's not rip apart our society for little to no gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back