All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her philosophy all along has been to educate and persuade rather than to lay down orders. It's worked pretty well so far. There will be real push back to any mask order and she knows it. Then the argument over masks blots out the other messaging about the pandemic.

yes because making an order and telling people how many people they can have over for Christmas is a better alternative.
The reason being that transmission is occurring from people’s inside gatherings. So it makes perfect sense that that’s where her focus is on with rule changes. Contact tracing is providing a lot of information as to what’s going on with transmission. Which is a big part of the reason why the Island is doing so well, they have so far been able to nip it in the bud as infection migrates over from the mainland.

The reason being that transmission is occurring from people’s inside gatherings. So it makes perfect sense that that’s where her focus is on with rule changes. Contact tracing is providing a lot of information as to what’s going on with transmission. Which is a big part of the reason why the Island is doing so well, they have so far been able to nip it in the bud as infection migrates over from the mainland.

I get the reasoning behind it but in the same token she is asking businesses to review their mask policies and basically make it mandatory. If she is asking business to do that why not back them up and just make it mandatory.

lets be real if cases continue to climb she is going to make it mandatory all this is the warning to see if they see they can increase mask wearing. If they don't its going to be mandatory. I am a big fan of masks and hand sanitizing because with those two steps we can basically do whatever we want.

I really don't get the anti-maskers. This is such a small ask and it is of no inconvenience like come one People wear hats and clothes as fashion items. How is wearing a mask that serves an actual purpose inconvenient? People have ran marathons in masks......

There was a study done in Brazil on mask resistance that appears to suggest that there are some sociopathic characteristics found in anti-maskers:

Scientists in Brazil have linked resistance to Covid-19 safety measures, such as wearing a mask, with antisocial personality traits.

Their study was the first of its kind in Latin America and surveyed over 1,500 people aged 18-73.

Using a questionnaire, the scientists sought to identify the participants’ affective resonance - their impulse to act on feelings stirred by another person - and asked a series of personality questions about how well certain statements represented their behaviour on a scale.

The survey also asked about compliance with Covid-19 containment measures over time, such as mask wearing.

When profiles were analysed, two were identified: an antisocial pattern profile who were resistant to Covid-19 safety measures and an empathy pattern profile who were compliant.
The antisocial profile was linked to higher scores in the personality questions related to “callousness, deceitfulness, hostility, impulsivity, irresponsibility, manipulativeness, and risk-taking”, antisocial traits which, the study notes, “are typically present in people diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD)". This group also had lower scores in affective resonance.

The empathy pattern profile showed higher scores in affective resonance and lower scores in the traits associated with ASPD.

Last edited:
There was a study done in Brazil on mask resistance that appears to suggest that there are some sociopathic characteristics found in anti-maskers:

Scientists in Brazil have linked resistance to Covid-19 safety measures, such as wearing a mask, with antisocial personality traits.
Are we looking at Brazil for Covid influence? Don't they have one of the highest infection rates?

Are we looking at Brazil for Covid influence? Don't they have one of the highest infection rates?

Um...no?

They are essentially saying those who are against wearing masks are also likely to score higher in the antisocial realm...meaning they dont wear masks because they font care about other people.

It doesnt mean everyone who doesnt wear masks doesnt care...it just means those who are against it are more likely not to care about other people.

I support her method.
Lots of people in BC live in places with low population density. Nobody with covid in the hospitals no community spread no outbreaks.
She makes mandatory orders for all BC, so it's a balancing act.
This is really testing the big ****** vs hinterlands divide.

Um...no?

They are essentially saying those who are against wearing masks are also likely to score higher in the antisocial realm...meaning they dont wear masks because they font care about other people.

It doesnt mean everyone who doesnt wear masks doesnt care...it just means those who are against it are more likely not to care about other people.
Whoops. I didn’t even read the whole thing. Just saw Brazil being quoted and I immediately dismissed it because they aren’t role models in the covid world. Talk about jumping to conclusions hahaha sorry

Same back in early sept, contact tracing showed bars were a problem, so she closes the nightclubs and trims back on pub hours. Increase in cases levels off despite return to school and all the concern surrounding that. ON and QC were having the same issues but didn't act because of political ramifications. Look where they are now. Contact tracing generates a ton of data, if it's used decisively it's a game changer.

As a raging sociopath I can confirm that I really only want to wear a mask if I'm actively engaged in armed robbery.

Stop trying to politicize this pandemic, the facts are we are all red states.
Canada has lost 10,000 citizens and their families deserve better.

ElaoPb6WMAAuy17

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back