All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Trudeau will ultimately be seen as having had much to do with it...from where I sit, the provinces seem to be doing everything actually related to public health (not a complaint - that's the nature of the Constitution) and the federal government has really just been giving us our kids' money to keep the lights on. Personally I don't really associate much of the actual response with Trudeau.

he's spent 300 billion hopefully he's done something

My only compliant from Covd is that liberal government has effectively bankrupted a lot of business, and is intentionally making some of the programs it is offering difficult to work through. A lot of small business owners are now extremely frustrated. The finance minister has done a horrible job in my view. He wonders why the programs are underutilized?

My real estate agent told me a lot of the real estate guys and getting the 40k lone and just putting it in the bank. He also told me that up to 60% of mortgages right now are deferred. I found that number shocking.

I wonder if Trudeau will ultimately be seen as having had much to do with it...from where I sit, the provinces seem to be doing everything actually related to public health (not a complaint - that's the nature of the Constitution) and the federal government has really just been giving us our kids' money to keep the lights on. Personally I don't really associate much of the actual response with Trudeau.
Well - at least he let the adults speak and organize things - unlike the situation South of us...

Why are we talking about politics again. News flash all 4 parties aren't good. Garbage in garbage out.

Well said. There is no quick relief for the financial markets and investors are going to be guards-up for a while. The only thing that the governments can do is to print more money and add to their debts. 2nd wave seems inevitable at this point and it’s not clear as to how the three layers of government are going to deal with it. Shutting things down and giving out $$ isn’t a viable option.

Yeah it seems really debatable if they are going to handle a second wave like the first.
I think we're already far better off than the first. We have tons of infrastructure and protocols in place. PPE sourced. Plexi EVERYWHERE! All we need to do now is shut the borders down and start fining people in big gatherings.

Well - at least he let the adults speak and organize things - unlike the situation South of us...
I actually think the situation south of us is extremely similar...the response is primarily on the state level and the role of the federal government is fairly limited. Some states, say Montana, practically unscathed; others like New York got absolutely stomped. The actions at the state level are wildly different (as are state demographics and living conditions, which could be bigger factors than the response anyway, at least in the first surge).

I'm not knocking the federal government for not being more involved; health care is a provincial responsibility. I'm just saying this ultimately may not reflect anything in particular on the feds, except their handling of the money. Although the failure to get serious about border security early on should probably be a starker memory than it is for most people.

We better get this Rt back down to 1 or we are in trouble.
Rt representing the average number of new infected people for each infected person.

EdeJuMIVcAAIKnH

he's spent 300 billion hopefully he's done something

My real estate agent told me a lot of the real estate guys and getting the 40k lone and just putting it in the bank. He also told me that up to 60% of mortgages right now are deferred. I found that number shocking.

No one should be getting a CEBA government loan if they simply don't need it. This is what screws the rest of us. There are lot of companies really asking for it when the audits roll out. I think it will be mind blowing. What do you think Revenue Canada can't see you?

That was the issue with that program. But yes lets just give out loans and not look at them. Roll eyes. Fed up with the big company handouts honestly, and then Trudeau coming on talking how is helping small business. Then you have useless opposition that doesn't help either.

Last edited:
And Trudeau’s legacy will be much better?
Well if you compare the rest of the G7 then I'm sure one legacy will stand out head and shoulders above the rest.
index.php

Last edited:
Bold strategy there StormTrooper, posting misinformation from an anti-vaxxer campaign during the covid pandemic. Not sure I would have the guts to do that. Why don't you change tack and just come out and say that you would not accept the vaccine when it becomes available. I would be interested in hearing your reasons why.

Last edited:
Drug used for treating MS used on Covid 19 patients. Interesting outcome.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53467022

Prof Naveed Sattar, professor of metabolic medicine at the University of Glasgow, said: "The results seem very impressive, and although accepted that the trial is small with just over 100 participants, a 79% reduction in disease severity could be a game changer.

Reactions: GLG
B.C. puts new rules on restaurants, bars, nightclubs amid rising COVID-19 numbers

1,000 in self isolation as health officials announce 34 new cases

New measures will be introduced at B.C. restaurants, bars and nightclubs amid rising COVID-19 numbers, according to provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix.

Thirty-four new cases were announced in the province on Wednesday, bringing its total to 3,362. No new deaths were announced.

B.C. saw a spike in new infections over the weekend, with 102 new confirmed cases between Friday and Monday, and 30 more on Tuesday. Henry said that 70 cases have now been linked to events and parties in the Kelowna area over the past several weeks.

Under the new measures, all patrons in restaurants, bars and nightclubs will be required to be seated, alcohol self-service will not be available (that means no ordering from the bar), and dance floors will be closed.

Henry also emphasized that groups at restaurants should be limited to six, and patrons should not be pushing tables together or engaging in behaviour that puts staff at risk.

"The B.C. COVID-19 curve is trending in a direction we don't want it to go — upwards," said Henry.

"There are close to 1,000 British Columbians self-isolating at home;. This means people are unable to work, see friends, enjoy the summer."

Henry said the current focus is to support the people currently in self-isolation, some of whom are likely to contract COVID-19 in the coming week.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...19-bc-july-22-1.5656611?__vfz=medium=sharebar

Nothing to do with my direction. I am all for profit and business. My point being... misinformation or biased information. It's more valuable to have level information. In the end, it is the individual who decides what is or is not in relation to the information shared. That's my opinion. Others have their's. :)
Fair enough. I posted the link because the article talks about the realities of the money involved in vaccines, they are very expensive to develop and not a ton of profit. The problem with anti vaxxers is that their very positions are often based on misinformation (ie the debunked autism study, heavy metals etc.) and their decision to opt out can have huge consequences for everyone else. Btw I’m not assuming that this is your position.

You might want to read this; it will help fill all the holes in the info you posted.
Thanks for posting this. Always good to understand the truth and facts behind the numerous unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, misleading and unproductive conspiracy theories that unfortunately abound on social media these days.

She’s encouraging people to have small groups? Why not order it if it’s needed ? Half measures get half responses. Where is the mask mandate for public indoor places? I don’t want to see things shut down again

Henry announced she will be introducing an order requiring those who rent properties—including houseboats or Airbnbs—to limit the numbers of guests and visitors as part of the rental agreements.

"That order will apply across the province because we know that this is not just an issue in the Okanagan, this is an issue that has affected vacation and rental places across B.C.," she said.

Henry encouraged people to keep their groups small, whether inside or outside, as being around crowds of people, especially those you don't know, can put you at risk.

"Only spend time with those that you are closest to, those you know," she said.

Restaurants are required not to seat more than six people per table, a number Henry said is manageable and reduces risks. She also suggested using that number as guidance for other social activities, such as going to the beach, park or a friend's house.

"Keep your groups small. That is what is going to prevent transmission to more of us in our communities right now," she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back