All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if BC started testing more, you would see more cases.

Hopefully we will not follow Trump's idiotic logic to promote reducing the amount of testing to get the number of cases down (to make it look good, like they're doing something right). This is just pure image politics. It is as stupid as not having the police go out on patrol as it causes an increase in crime numbers. The crime still happens, the harm done, we just don't know about/report it.

The disease is out there and obviously the more we know about it the better we can work to reduce the spread. Total BS from a guy and a party that cares more about image, ego and staying in power than reducing preventable deaths of their own citizens. If that isn't screwed up beyond belief I don't know what is!

Thank God we have saner minds and leaders in Canada - not without faults, but handling this serious situation overall better.

Good information as to where we stand in BC at this point in time.

More info on serology testing.

From what I can tell BC cases are going to keep increase just in time to have to send the kids back to school. Wish more people would wear masks indoor public places.

Also it seems having house parties seem to be very risky behavior as well.

IF people cant understand they still have to attempt to social distance and wear masks then we are going to just to have a second phase.

i'm still trying to keep my contacts to a minimum

From what I can tell BC cases are going to keep increase just in time to have to send the kids back to school. Wish more people would wear masks indoor public places.

Also it seems having house parties seem to be very risky behavior as well.

IF people cant understand they still have to attempt to social distance and wear masks then we are going to just to have a second phase.

i'm still trying to keep my contacts to a minimum

I also keep my social contracts to a minimum and use a mask or my N95 respirator when indoors in stores. I went to Costco about 2 weeks backs and they were offering masks free of charge to those entering the store and despite this, only about a 3rd of those inside were wearing a mask. I was surprised that of those not wearing masks were a fair number of seniors. Future Darwin Award candidates I guess. Time to make it mandatory.

I agree that things are likely to be worse in the fall with the cold and less sun when Covid 19 and the regular flues will combine in some people especially if kids go back to school and less interaction and activity is outdoors where it is a bit safer.

Vaccines are still a question mark and if we get there and they are widely available in the numbers needed, it will be a few years outs, especially for those countries that do not have their own vaccine manufacturing facilities. One expert indicated that this fire will continue to rage world wide until it burns up every piece of dry wood. Another had an interesting comment on the stealthyness of Covid 19 compared to other deadly viruses. Most viruses are most infectious and easily spread the more symptomatic the person is, but with Covid 19 it is the opposite. It is most easily spread when no symptoms are showing, especially in the early stages of infection.

We need to keep the border with the US closed and tighten up the loopholes that let some of them in. It is mind boggling to see how it has been politicized in the Divided States of America, where something as common sense as wearing/or not wearing a mask became a symbolic statement as to which tribe you belong to. There was a sad story on the news of a healthy 30 year old man who deliberately put himself at high risk and ended up telling one of the nurses that he made a mistake and that he thought it was a hoax, shortly before he died from it.

Unbelievable watching the idiots protesting in Vancouver today against wearing a mask. Guess they don’t give a damn about other people’s health or the economic hit all the businesses and workers have experienced. Why not do what we can to help to control the spread. You only have to look south of the border to see how doing nothing is working out, perhaps these people should move there.Is it really such a big deal to wear a mask in crowded public places. Medical staff are putting their lives on the line dealing with the sick, maybe these protesters and their loved ones should be at the back of the line of at all should they come down with the virus due to their stupidity.

Rally against masks? What are we the US now? OMG. :rolleyes: Sorry I spent my weekend working on my boat, and enjoying weather. People will just always find the negative, and follow the conspiracy theory train. Feel sorry for people honestly. Sick of the entitlement.

Businesses simply can't close again, and personally doesn't matter what people think. If store says wear a mask you wear it. Protest away.

Cashiers at my local grocery store don’t wear masks and it looks as if it’s business as usual down there. The only employee who had a mask on today, was the store manager. Maybe if some businesses start with their own employees, it could make it more legit to push the mask rule to customers. I’m all for anything that could minimize the risk. Be it masks, no party/social event or just avoid unnecessary trips to places where social distancing is ignored by others or not possible. But then businesses should become accountable to police the rules on all ends.

Bonni not to happy today seems we are at real risk of another outbreak. Also surprised to hear that some clusters have been linked to international travel.

Here is the full actual interview with Trump in full context for the US portion of that news cast. Not that it matters much.

IMHO history will not be kind to Donald Trump and his supporters for their efforts during this pandemic.

I wonder if Trudeau will ultimately be seen as having had much to do with it...from where I sit, the provinces seem to be doing everything actually related to public health (not a complaint - that's the nature of the Constitution) and the federal government has really just been giving us our kids' money to keep the lights on. Personally I don't really associate much of the actual response with Trudeau.

Why are we talking about politics again. News flash all 4 parties aren't good. Garbage in garbage out.

My only compliant from Covd is that liberal government has effectively bankrupted a lot of business, and is intentionally making some of the programs it is offering difficult to work through. A lot of small business owners are now extremely frustrated. The finance minister has done a horrible job in my view. He wonders why the programs are underutilized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back