All is lost

Discussion in 'General Open Forum' started by SLAMMEN EM, Feb 8, 2020.

1. SLAMMEN EM

SLAMMEN EM New Member

Good day fellow fishermen!
    A month ago, I had a fire where I rent in Langley, I live in Parksville. I had all of my rods on a rod rack in Langley. All were lost. Because the place I was renting had a wood stove for heat, no one was willing to sell me insurance. I presumed that my insurance on the island would cover me, sadly mistaken!
    My island reels were in neoprene covers, mounted on the rods, they survived, ( after several hours of cleaning) but the rods melted. Also lost, my Calcutta level wind, and a few abu Garcia rod and reels.
    If any of you fine people have any old, spare mooching rods you were thinking about tossing, I would GREATLY appreciated taking them off your hands.

2. Fox

Fox Active Member

Very sad to hear for your loss. I also rent and have a wood stove for heat and had no problem getting insurance. They just wanted a pic of the certification on the stove or something like that. I’m covered for like $75k for contents. Now that I think about it, I don’t think I sent them a pic

3. robertg

robertg Crew Member

i have a couple of rods that you might use, not the best but they are just in storage. Live in Qualicum

Tom Innes likes this.
  4. SLAMMEN EM

SLAMMEN EM New Member

Hi Robert, I just read your post, March 4, thank you very much!