Alarm

R

relics revenge

Whilst out fishing last week in Nootka I started to get an alarm from my 1992, Mariner 150hp 2 stroke oil injected motor. Looking at the manual it tells me it is the oil injection system. I have gone over it and the hoses making sure there is no kinks or air leaks, can't find any. Wanted to see if anyone else has run into this and wether there is a quick solution I can check. Any info would be appreciated.

Had an 80hp merc on my whaler for years. The alarm was always acting up. Your problem could be overheating, or the oil alarm. they sounded very simular on my engine. Check the engine for over heating by placing your hand on the motor by the spark plugs, if you hear that alarm again. Tight Lines,..........BB

First confirm oil or overheat. Engine steaming when the alarm went off? Tell tale still peeing? Could be pump impeller, t-stats stuck or pressure relief valve if that model has one. Could also be a faulty sensor if nothing is found. If your not sure about it getting oil, mix your gas if your going to run it. Better to run to much oil for a trip or two than to risk no oil.

Do you have a seperate oil resivor for your oil. I know I had a 175 merc witch had a seperate oil resavor and if I dumped all of the oil out there was a tiny screen in the bottom of the resavor. The screen once in a while get a thin film of what apperared to be a thicker grade oil on top of it cleaned it off and it would be good for a tear or two. if not try this website Marineengine.com
Hope that helps let me know

Just scan down to outboard section and look under Mercury Mariner.
Site has a search function to check on archives of discussions of alarm related problems or just go in and ask away and you will definitely get help and suggestions on what to check.

I had that happen to my 115 Merc. Everything was ok, except the alarm unit was malfunctioning.

Thanks to all that is what I was looking for. I love this site!.

Also you might check your fuel filter,if it is restricted the alarm for check engine will go off.[8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

My buddy is having an alarm issues right now on a Suzuki. His is also limiting his RPM's.

Take only what you need.

If the computer senses no oil or low flow it reduces rpms so you can move out of harm's way but protects the motor.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Ok, I havnt heard it worded that way. A rev limiter cuts out the ignition once a certain rpm is reached. I think a Suzuki is 6200?
Usually overheat will turn on an alarm, intermittantly cut out a few cylinders and log a code. Does the suzuki do the same if low crankcase oil or low oil pressure is sensed?

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Ive been a boat mechanic for quite sometime and Suzukis are one of the products I have minimal experience on, yet I bought two of them, go figure... That said, I havnt had a bit of trouble with them! I hope I didnt just jinx myself..

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

I am not so sure about suzies but the bombi e-tecs will do this and usually fuel injection systems have a limp home mode when some electronic gizmo craps out. Just a thought as most of my experience was on the carburated models.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Back