Advice on Caamano Sound please

S

sheephnter

Am considering booking a trip to Caamano Sound and wondering if you guys could tell me anything about fishing there early June? Is that too early in the season for larger Springs???? I hear there is great bottom fishing there also-

THanks in advance for your help/guidance!

Edited by - sheephnter on 01/11/2005 20:42:30

It's very hit and miss-both the fishing and the weather.
It can blow like snot for days and days and be as cold as Yellowknife.
(last year it was hot as blazes and the fishing was poor but that's another story)
If the fish are around then the bite is short and fast-20 minutes they stop to feed and then they're gone!
If it rains a lot they don't stop to feed for even that amount of time-heavy rain means you're hooped.
Bottomfishing is excellent although you have to watch that the Lodge doesn't try to 'put you off' bottomfishing.
Most of the time they don't want to be bothered cleaning/freezing bottomfish then shipping them out.
That's why some lodges encourage people to fish for bottomfish on the last AM-so they don't have to bother vacuum packing them-they just hand the guest a box full of whole gutted Red Snapper/Lingcod and say "nice to meet ya!".
Of course then the guest has to figure out WTH to do with pounds and pounds of whole fish that isn't frozen but needs to be processed as he gets home.
That's why you always take you limit of bottomfish as soon as you can.
In any case the later in June the better usually.

that's why there's a warranty!

Thanks much RodBreaker- think I will stay away from early June and maybe try it end of June!

rgds

Edited by - sheephnter on 01/16/2005 11:28:06

Back