Advice needed-spot lights

20170812_113800.jpg Just an update on this thread. Thanks for all the reply's. I wanted the spot lights for mostly seeing at night for docking, mooring overnight spots in the dark, spotting prawn traps to pull up as it gets dark or setting at night, spotting people I'm picking up from docks at night or before light in the mornings etc. helping with any distress calls at night for other boaters etc.

I went with two of these ones http://www.harbourchandler.ca/shop/...ts/acr-rcl-75-remote-control-searchlight-1946 and had them custom installed and mounted on my bow on aluminum pedestals. I had them installed in spots where they can be used to spot light the whole front, side, and side stern of the boat. Controls I flush mounted at the helm dash.
I have used them a lot in the dark so far and absolutely love them. I don't think any light is too great for shining off the water at night for traveling but for the purpose I got these for they are perfect. They rotate all the way around and pitch up and down for spot lighting objects where every you want to.
Over the years I've responded to a few coast guard calls and one was at night. Wish I would have had the spot lights for the night time call. Would have helped incredibly.
For my fish deck I use LED floods and love them for that but as far as spot lights go I am super happy with them.

Last edited:
Back