Advice - building a Radar Arch

searun

I've never posted photos before, so I hope I did this correctly. I recently imported a 2003 Grady White Express, which sits at 13 feet 6 inches on the trailer - just legal. I need to mount a radar unit on her and still be able to drive legally. I think I may have to custom build some sort of folding radar arch mount on the hard top that swings forward in front of the windshield while being trailered. I was hoping someone out there has struggled with a design like this and could offer up some ideas/help or suggestions as to who would be a good fabricator. Photo attached for reference so you can see what I'm up against (provided I got the instructions correctly as to how to post photos)

Thanks, Pat

LastCastGuiding
3.jpg[/img]

Thanks, I live in Nanoose Bay and our Boat is in Port Alberni. Tx for the tip Highliner. Hopefully someone out there has a bead on a custom design.

Try Cleeve at Capital Welding and Marine. He is an excellent welder fabricator.250-240-3208. He is located just past Coombs market on the way to Port.

Howdy,

If none of the other leads work out let me know (silvesaw@telus.net). The guy I'm thinkin' about might be the same one Tailspin is referring to, or, he might be in Naniamo; not sure. He does SS welding for a friend's sprint car and also does lots of marine welding. I could likely get his number for you.

Good Luck!

There's a guy from Bowen Island that adverts on EBay. Search "boat radar arch". He builds arches that lay down for transport.

Tx guys, I will try the guy in Coombs. Appreciate your suggestions/help. See you on the water.:)

Back