Adipose envy!!

H

Heff

With pending regulation changes to areas 19 and 20, I thought I'd throw this one out there.

Below are a couple of chinook caught in area 19 this past week. A set of twins just over the 67 cm mark. Top fish clearly has an intact adipose fin and would have to be released based on the proposal discussed on an earlier thread. Bottom one..hmmm..looks like someone at the hatchery shouldn't have had that second cup of coffee!...clipped...or not??

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

I had a few steelies this year with the same thing. Their cliped but i still released them just to be sure. Unlikly but possible its an injury

It looks that way because the clipper did a so/so job.

He did a so/so job because his hands were half frozen at the time.

Mmmmmm ready for the bar-be..

commoly known as a misclip and ill guarantee you no fisheries officer would give it a second look, also to the person who commented on the fisheries personel screwing up, after a few thousand{s} per clipper and hands in cold water, i wouldnt be so quick to criticize. Local hatcheries have at one time done 1 million coho clips a season and there will be a misclip or 100 in there

Techincally, when it comes to the regs, I would say this fish would NOT be considered hatchery, even though an attempt was made.

Back