Action Required - Potential Fin FIsh Closure from Long Beach to Swiftsure for SRKW

Whales need chinook, We need to close down all commercial and recreation fisheries!!!

in the first sentence "The organizations are not calling for a closure of First Nations fisheries."

I guess Early Fraser River chinook don't count as whale food? Even tho the science says this is critical for them and they are now only primary harvested in fraser river first nation gil net fisheries....

Or is it that these ENGO groups are unwilling to go toe to toe with First Nations?

odd how these groups are now going silent on the fish farm issue now that first nations are deeply involved in the permitting process...

From grizzly bears to chinook these guys don't waste any time..,

Whales need chinook, We need to close down all commercial and recreation fisheries!!!

in the first sentence "The organizations are not calling for a closure of First Nations fisheries."

I guess Early Fraser River chinook don't count as whale food? Even tho the science says this is critical for them and they are now only primary harvested in fraser river first nation gil net fisheries....

Or is it that these ENGO groups are unwilling to go toe to toe with First Nations?

odd how these groups are now going silent on the fish farm issue now that first nations are deeply involved in the permitting process...

From grizzly bears to chinook these guys don't waste any time..,
Its a career for many of these people. They have to keep finding issues in order to milk their naive guilt ridden supporters of funds. You have to keep the cash flowing in in order to keep your paycheques coming. Find people who are uneducated on an issue, feed them false info and then convince them you are the saviours. Oldest scam in the books.

Its a career for many of these people. They have to keep finding issues in order to milk their naive guilt ridden supporters of funds. You have to keep the cash flowing in in order to keep your paycheques coming. Find people who are uneducated on an issue, feed them false info and then convince them you are the saviours. Oldest scam in the books.
At some point, you might think the “intellectuals” amongst our population might take a step back and ask whether they are being conned.

By the way, I use the term intellectual fairly lightly as usually they are people not at all interested in educating themselves on topics and are more worried about talking points that show their “wokeness”.

Still think it is conspiracy theory that this about Kinder Morgan and not helping whales? Pretty painfully obvious on this diagram. This picture is from a video are friends at Raincoast for the whale campaign. Look closer. What is the thing that jumps out to you? Do you see how there potential spill impact is all the offshore banks and Barkley Sound and also JDF? Mouth of Fraser. Interesting isn't it? hmmm.

spill.JPG

Last edited:
How many years have tankers travelled through the same Strait to deliver oil to Washington refineries and what did all the enviro’s have to say about it? I’m not a conspiracy theory type of guy, but I always try and determine who the winners and losers are in these campaigns. Somehow American Oil OK, Canadian Oil not, raises some red flags.

Have a listen of interview of Rain coast interview on CFAX. Listen to them dodge questions.

https://www.raincoast.org/2018/08/i...-whale-watching-and-the-need-for-enforcement/

It's actually a pretty good listen, Misty just doing her job advocating for whales, Tho I wish she would target all fisheries equally. Saying only stopping Marine commercial and recreational makes little sense. Some of the most endangered Chinook populations are only targeted in river FSC net fisheries.

Her point on only having terminal fisheries makes sense, Its far easier to mange and enumerate. stocks and have far less impact on endangered stocks.

lol she skipped the seal population question

Also listen to her disclaimer at the end of the interview "the decline in the quality of habitat in the Salish Area is probably making the difference this time" IE marine survival rates,

Still think it is conspiracy theory that this about Kinder Morgan and not helping whales? Pretty painfully obvious on this diagram. This picture is from a video are friends at Raincoast for the whale campaign. Look closer. What is the thing that jumps out to you? Do you see how there potential spill impact is all the offshore banks and Barkley Sound and also JDF? Mouth of Fraser. Interesting isn't it? hmmm.

View attachment 39750

Far from a conspiracy theory posted plain as day on raincoats website as well as being covered by the vancouver sun.

Wild Salmon, Pipelines, and the Trans Mountain Expansion
Canada’s wild salmon habitat at risk

https://www.raincoast.org/reports/salmon-oil-pipeline/

As endangered southern resident killer whales continue to struggle from the combined forces of noise, pollution and food (Chinook) availability, Raincoast Conservation Foundation has released a report that highlights the risks posed to wild salmon in the Lower Fraser River from an expanded Trans Mountain pipeline.

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/op...on-pipelines-and-the-trans-mountain-expansion

How many years have tankers travelled through the same Strait to deliver oil to Washington refineries and what did all the enviro’s have to say about it? I’m not a conspiracy theory type of guy, but I always try and determine who the winners and losers are in these campaigns. Somehow American Oil OK, Canadian Oil not, raises some red flags.

Yep

Category(s):
General Information
Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Subject: FN0844-General Information - All Species - All Areas - Amended Marine Mammal Regulations effective July 11, 2018 - New Marine Mammal Approach Distance
The amended Marine Mammal Regulations for whale watching and approaching marine
mammals came into effect on July 11, 2018. The regulations include a minimum
approach distance of 200 metres for all killer whale populations in Canada’s
Pacific waters and 100 metres for other whales, dolphins and porpoises.
The amended regulations clarify what it means to disturb a marine mammal,
including: feeding, swimming or interacting with it; moving it (or
enticing/causing it to move); separating a marine mammal from its group or
going between it and a calf; trapping marine mammals between a vessel and the
shore, or between boats; as well as tagging or marking it.
More information on distances tailored to particular circumstances in Canada
are outlined in the Regulations:
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-93-56/page-1.html
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Marine Mammal Program
604-666-0071
The 24 hour toll-free phone-in line for fisheries notices is 1-866-431-3474
Fisheries and Oceans Canada Operations Center - FN0844
Sent August 23, 2018 at 13:20
Visit us on the Web at http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
If you would like to unsubscribe, please submit your request at: http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=manage_subscription
If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail to: DFO.OpsCentreFisheryPacific-CentreOpsPechePacifique.MPO@canada.ca

Virus-free. www.avg.com

The interview was a very good listen. The vision enumerated is incomplete, I strongly disagree with letting in-river fisheries continue with changes, but what was talked about in detail is spot-on. I'd rate their vision as about 10 times better than most expressed on this forum which tend to be all about ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW.

The interview was a very good listen. The vision enumerated is incomplete, I strongly disagree with letting in-river fisheries continue with changes, but what was talked about in detail is spot-on. I'd rate their vision as about 10 times better than most expressed on this forum which tend to be all about ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW.

As usual Thanks.

Well guys we are just over a year away from the next Federal Election! If you want your issues to be taken seriously, now’s the time to make sure your MP is aware of them and get their assurance that they either support them or not. I have written my MP and intend to make sure she is aware that silence on Area 18 Closure will cost her my vote.

If you want to get a politicians attention, the year before the election is ideal. Also if you make your issue known, even if the incumbent isn’t going to support you, maybe their rival will! Just make sure you get that commitment as opposed to voting based on maybe a new MP will see things your way.

Nows the time to start making waves! Regardless of Party they are all looking at re election and those running against them are looking for a way to unseat them.

Back