ace line hauler - switch fix

Fixit

switch is buggered on my ace, is it an easy fix to swap one out?
does a generic switch fit or ace specific?.

its easy to pull apart, mine melted awhile back and I replaced it with a heavier one, funny thing is Ace recommends a 30A fuse but the switches are only rated at 15A,
if it goes again I have a foot switch I'm going to wire into it instead

Contact Ace, they have great after sales service, I'm sure they'll fix you up.

Contact Ace, they have great after sales service, I'm sure they'll fix you up.
They Aint no Scotty,
I have gone thru 2 motors 1st one the sent me another , 2nd one went a couple months later but after the initial warranty had expired and they wouldnt do anything even tho the motor was only a couple months old

i second great service , cant really compare anyone to Scotty imo

when i ever i needed , or had an issue , they took care of us ,( always best just going there if possible )
to be honest , mine has been solid for 8 years , just minor stuff , hard winter useage
always rinsed off when done , was in great shape until i upgraded....
upgraded to the new Brutas Plus High Torque , and auto hands free coiler , total killer , i just sit back and enjoy

great guys , thanks so much ALH

Ace Line Hauler

690 “C” Comox Road, Nanaimo, BC V9R 3J3

1-866-753-7179 – Toll Free

1-250-753-7179 – Telephone

1-250-753-7178 – Fax

FD
Brutus_Max_Torque_Hauler-1.jpg

its easy to pull apart, mine melted awhile back and I replaced it with a heavier one, funny thing is Ace recommends a 30A fuse but the switches are only rated at 15A,
if it goes again I have a foot switch I'm going to wire into it instead
I think the 30A is to control the in rush when you first turn the motor on. A 10A motor could draw as much as 25A when turned on under load. A 15A would nuisance trip.

They Aint no Scotty,
I have gone thru 2 motors 1st one the sent me another , 2nd one went a couple months later but after the initial warranty had expired and they wouldnt do anything even tho the motor was only a couple months old

Not sure how it melted ? When we prawn and crab we prawn and crab. 12 baurs lots of weight and 4 stainless landers and we don't really fish usually just work traps all day. I did have one motor lag on me but they fixed that up and havnt had any issues sincez I did put in a separate plug with bigger wire just for the puller . Also killer service at Ace . Can't wait to get the max force .

in rush currents can be up to %300 on a heavy load , but that is for a short period , typically milli seconds ,
ive done some pretty silly things with my puller over the years , never had a switch or motor heat up to a point of meltdown ,
either a very poor connection at the switch , possible corrosion , or a bad motor winding causing a
heavy current draw , id be surprised if you took that to there shop , and they didnt help you out

imo

fd

Just had my switch go on my line hauler. Called up Ace and the sent me a new one which arrived within 2 days. New switch came with instructions on how to swap it out. Took less than an hour and I had it back together. Switch was free of charge.
Great service.

Back