Ace Line Hauler Goes Hands Free

I was reading on some of the US fishing forums that they were $70 at the boat show. Suggested retail $99

I understand they were a hot item selling out day after day.

I was reading on some of the US fishing forums that they were $70 at the boat show. Suggested retail $99

I understand they were a hot item selling out day after day.

Yup they were 70 bucks and totally sold out. Apparently they are very in demand! Looks sweet for sure. How much did you pay for yours FA?

just checked 'johns', seventy bucks. don't know he has them in stock. i see from the photos that forward idler pulley is still used. so does this mount on the back idler pulley location??

If one does a google search there are lots available online.

It also recommends you to ask your local tackle store to order one in for you if they don't have them already.

The dual pulley gets replaced with a single pulley. So the line now goes thru the pulley on the boom, under this new single pulley, around the stainless wheel and under the hands free unit. Even easier then before.

In talking with John, at John's Sporting Goods in Everrit, Wash., he said the 'Brutus' hand free unit at $70 is selling quite well and he expects the price to rise in the future. As I said, it is selling for $89 at Trotac in Victoria, B.C. (but said it could go lower at the Victoria Boat show). Looking forward to using it.

I did not see the previous thread, Assassin, but did go back to it. Thanks,

JJ

Was at Nikka yesterday and saw the STACK of orders they have for the unit , geeees missed our calling again , but great I idea frees up the hands for other stuff , like you know you ALWAYS have to go when your bring in 300 feet of rope (never before or after , just during LOL, now
NO PROBLEM LOL)

I tried an ace for the first time this weekend. It did not have the hands free option. It’s not mine so I can’t say if the rope was run correctly (anyone have a picture of how you run the rope) but what he did was the rope came over the pulley on the arm, down around one of the two small pulleys, up over the big pulley and out to me. We run 2 traps per string and I expected a lot more out of the pot puller there were times it flat out struggled with two prawn traps. I’ve got some weight on the traps but nothing excessive the traps might weigh 6-10 pounds each. For over $600 all in I was expecting the pot puller to do about 80% of the work I found it was more like 50/50.

So I’m wondering is that typical of an ace without the hands free option (that you have to keep strong tension on the line for it to pull) and does this hands free option do a good job pulling two traps per string? I was almost ready to buy one but now I want to try one again before I do because really I wasn’t too impressed.

Another question when I looked on the ace site it said 2 year warranty I’ve seen claims here it’s got a lifetime warranty. Anyone know which it is?

I found some pictures. Revenge your indicating something like this right?

ace-line-hauler-400x400.jpg

Buddy had it rigged like this

Ace-line-hauler-brutus.jpg

I asked him if he was sure the line was run correctly. I noticed the two pulleys down low and thought it was odd to just use one. But it was his puller what do I know? Will it really make much difference running it the other way in regards to how much pressure I need to keep on the line for the puller to work?

Is there two different hands free options? I've seen one called a dueler plate and it says the patent is pending and it appears to be independent of Ace. Also see one that looks the same on the Ace site with a different name. Are these two different things?

Is there two different hands free options? I've seen one called a dueler plate and it says the patent is pending and it appears to be independent of Ace. Also see one that looks the same on the Ace site with a different name. Are these two different things?
Ziggy if you go to the first post on this thread you will see I posted a link to the Bulldog Hands Free Puller made by ACE. To answer you question there is a differance between the dualer plate and the Bulldog. I have the Bulldog and won't be changing back to a dualer plate.

Ziggy if you go to the first post on this thread you will see I posted a link to the Bulldog Hands Free Puller made by ACE. To answer you question there is a differance between the dualer plate and the Bulldog. I have the Bulldog and won't be changing back to a dualer plate.

Thanks, wasn't sure if they were the same product being sold under two different names.

Revenge your indicating something like this right?

Yes thats correct it works both ways but around the pulley twice is best

any more reviews on the hands free bulldog.

any slipping trouble?
how is the rubber band holding up?
did you add the shims?
what diameter rope do u use?
how much wieght are u lifting?

any more reviews on the hands free bulldog.

any slipping trouble?
how is the rubber band holding up?
did you add the shims?
what diameter rope do u use?
how much wieght are u lifting?
I love mine....
No slipping
I don't have any rubber band....Not sure what your talking about.
Shims? What shims?
Rope size.. I use about five different sizes between my crab and prawn traps. No issues.
As for weight in am lifting 600 ft of rope, two old com. steel traps and aboutb10 extra pounds of lead as well as com. crab traps. No issues.

I tried the shim but took it off using 5/16" line. Have used both units and wife prefers Bulldog. Dueller was faster but more out of control. The line would jump over the guide and want to wrap the drum. Seen as how she pulls the traps Bulldog it is.

Back