Ace Brutus 2-prong plug to 3-prong plug?

Freddie Bee

Hi!
I'm just getting into prawning & am looking at buying the Ace Brutus line puller (scotty compatible version) that comes with a 2-prong plug. I was hoping to use the existing receptacle for my trolling motor (Minn Kota Power Drive V2) to power the Brutus. The main problem (I think) is that the plug on the trolling motor and it's receptacle is the 3-prong Marinco plug. I have attached a picture that shows the 2-prong plug on the Brutus, the 3-prong plug on the trolling motor, and the 3-prong receptacle. In case it helps, my boat is a 2015 Crestliner Super Hawk.
Is there an "easy" way to make this work?
Marine Plugs.png
Cheers!

The trolling motor is switched to operate on 12 or 24V so there will be three wires coming from it. You will need a Marinco 3 prong plug to replace the 2 prong on the Ace. That will allow you to plug into your existing socket. You just need to match two wires on the socket to the two Ace wires connecting onto the new plug. The third socket wire won't be needed for the Ace. Typically red is 12 v. hot, black is ground but check with a multimeter before connecting.

Back