Access to Vanier on Saturday

RossP

This Saturday is the annual khatsalano days on w4th. I have search for road closures and really cannot find if access to Vanier Park off Burrard will be closed. Really do not want to get stuck at Vanier after we are finished fishing for the day.

I live on Kits Point.....you'll be just fine getting on and off the Point aside from the beach goers that flood the hood. Are you launching early....just in case the parking packs up down here? That would leave you in a pickle as trying to find parking for a vehicle and trailer will be next to impossible. Just be sure to come along Burrard to get to the launch. STAY AWAY from 4th Avenue!!! ;) I believe 4th is usually closed from Burrard up and over the hill to MacDonald but don't quote me on that.

I think the only issues with some access will be Sunday June 28th for anyone else who reads this thread. There is a half marathon that will be screwing the neighborhood up a bit but you WILL be able to get to and from Vanier. You may be held up a bit by runners depending what time you are accessing the Point, and will likely not be able to access from Greer street which is the short little street which is your first right after you turn on to Cypress. The race course does come up Chestnut which is the street that runs parallel with Cypress and the one you cross or drive down to get to Vanier launch.

Aside from that....Kits Fest in early August is the only other we've heard of and there are no access restrictions then as it is pretty much centered ON Kits Beach.

be sure to come along Burrard to get to the launch. STAY AWAY from 4th Avenue!!! ....I believe 4th is usually closed from Burrard up and over the hill to MacDonald......

Roger that 4th is closed but getting down to Vanier should be OK early.

Thanks Pippen, we will be launching early. And for all the other information on access this summer.

Back