A PSF Presentation - SRKW update NOV 6th, 2018

Peahead

This is the lastest presentation with Andrew Trites and Brian Riddell explaining the facts and discussing the difficulties with educating the public on the misconceptions. Also some interesting discussion on the media's lack of interest in correcting those misconceptions. The information in this video is not their opinion - its fact. They actually discuss this at the end as one of the challenges in educating the public and media.

Its almost an hr long but well worth watching this most updated presentation. Spreading this video around would be a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Thanks Peahead - a great video that summarizes the FACTS clearly and concisely. Well worth the watch.

Please send out to as many of your social media contacts as possible. We need to get the real facts out there, not the half truths the green ENGO groups do to create a crisis so they can drum up more funding and memberships.

This is the lastest presentation with Andrew Trites and Brian Riddell explaining the facts and discussing the difficulties with educating the public on the misconceptions. Also some interesting discussion on the media's lack of interest in correcting those misconceptions. The information in this video is not their opinion - its fact. They actually discuss this at the end as one of the challenges in educating the public and media.

Its almost an hr long but well worth watching this most updated presentation. Spreading this video around would be a step in the right direction.

I almost get the feeling that there is an hidden agenda behind this whole SRKW thing and someone connected to the media is behind it. There seems to be so much mis-information on the TV and in the newspapers it makes me wonder WTF is going on. Anyone else get that feeling?

I almost get the feeling that there is an hidden agenda behind this whole SRKW thing and someone connected to the media is behind it. There seems to be so much mis-information on the TV and in the newspapers it makes me wonder WTF is going on. Anyone else get that feeling?
I get the feeling that the Chinook salmon and whales are depleted to the point that the SRKW are a lost cause. That is the untold story. But it does not make exciting news or money.

Typically, political action is too little, too late or doing nothing on habitat restoration, climate change, culling pinnipeds, dealing with pollutants, whale-watching harassment, getting net pen fish farms out, getting nets off the rivers, controls on poaching, etc. The obvious and ineffective response from NGO'S and politicos is to fix blame instead of the problems with decisions based on incomplete or non-existant "science". The oligarchs could care less about the fate of coastal communities, wild salmon and whales.

Sport fishermen and shipping noise are the cheap, easy targets so shutting down the coast provides the necessary virtue signalling about "doing something before it's too late." Shipping noise and sport fishing have co-existed with the SRKW for a hundred years. It's not difficult to determine what has changed for the worse but there is no popular, public or political will to make the difficult and expensive choices needed to confront the true issues. The sad outcome is that nothing much will change for the better and the media spotlight will eventually move along.

Everyone should watch this.

I am going to bump this post up because not only is this presentation on SRKW the most 'up to date' video on the topic that I know of but also probably the most complete and informative one. Just right click on video image and select "copy video URL" then paste that URL/Link into e-mails, texts or a favorite social media accounts. Thx

Just finished watching this. Very informative. Thanks for sharing, and I'll be sure to share the URL everywhere I can.

Back