A message from the Sport Fishing Institute. Everyone please read

That part I would say seems to have been managed well..that being said I dont really fish that fishery much but as a youngster I spent a lot of time on those fishery in Merritt & Princeton area... great memories of some pretty nice trouty's :)

if the liberals ndp or greens get in - there will be no fishing recreationally ! done !
I agree. Won’t take long, a couple more years of ignoring SFAB and other like bodies, slowly implementing more and more restrictions until we’re squeezed out. Death by 1000 cuts to keep the public complaints to a minimum while they please their ignorant urban voter base for the purpose of only staying in power.

I’ve never been more disgruntled as a voter in 40 years of voting.

This election more about a hell of a lot more than just fishing. there is no guarantee the conservatives will be any better. I feel Singh has proven to be a totally irresponsible leader, there is no conservative running in my north van seymour/ burnaby riding, I am voting liberal to hopefully fend off the ndp here. while I abhore what has happened to our sports (and commercial) fishery this year it could have been even worse, not much for some mind you. we do have a fisheries minister who is local and hopefully, come hell or highwater has to better work with the sportfishing industry and fully understand ALL the data etc. available.

I really don't like any of the parties this election and Kildonan nailed it "I’ve never been more disgruntled as a voter in 40 years of voting." only for me it's almost 50 yrs of voting.

Religion imho is the biggest threat to climate change at this point in time and this is one thing I worry about with Scheer, although if we did have a conservative running in my riding I would probably vote for them, I think and hope he has enough sense to keep religion out of politics, unlike someone south of the border.

it sure looks like a minority and if so I would love to see something very unique happen here, a liberal/ conservative coalition, just rambling on after a few single malts, lol.

This election more about a hell of a lot more than just fishing. there is no guarantee the conservatives will be any better. I feel Singh has proven to be a totally irresponsible leader, there is no conservative running in my north van seymour/ burnaby riding, I am voting liberal to hopefully fend off the ndp here. while I abhore what has happened to our sports (and commercial) fishery this year it could have been even worse, not much for some mind you. we do have a fisheries minister who is local and hopefully, come hell or highwater has to better work with the sportfishing industry and fully understand ALL the data etc. available.

I really don't like any of the parties this election and Kildonan nailed it "I’ve never been more disgruntled as a voter in 40 years of voting." only for me it's almost 50 yrs of voting.

Religion imho is the biggest threat to climate change at this point in time and this is one thing I worry about with Scheer, although if we did have a conservative running in my riding I would probably vote for them, I think and hope he has enough sense to keep religion out of politics, unlike someone south of the border.

it sure looks like a minority and if so I would love to see something very unique happen here, a liberal/ conservative coalition, just rambling on after a few single malts, lol.

Please don’t vote liberal ......that’s just wrong for sports fishing on our coast.

I think you are missing exactly what happened with Wilkinson..... it had nothing to do with understanding data etc.... 100% politics based decisions and giving way to a special GROUP and continues to lie about it..... him being local will never have any chance at helping us on the westcoast.....watch the video again

I think you are missing exactly what happened with Wilkinson..... it had nothing to do with understanding data etc.... 100% politics based decisions and giving way to a special GROUP and continues to lie about it..... him being local will never have any chance at helping us on the westcoast.....watch the video again
Like I said at the start of my post, the election is about a hell of a lot more than fishing.

Agree.

The liberal deficits should be enough to cause everyone to realize they aren’t responsible enough to run our country.
right but the ndp would be even worse, those are my options in my riding, there is no conservative party candidate.

Regarding Wilkinson the "local" boy. Seems the illusion still exists that we send guys to Ottawa to represent us and present our views. Under Canadian democracy our guy comes to us and represents and presents his leader and party.

In my riding we have a real wingnut who runs in every election all of a sudden he is looking like a good choice lol

Regarding Wilkinson the "local" boy. Seems the illusion still exists that we send guys to Ottawa to represent us and present our views. Under Canadian democracy our guy comes to us and represents and presents his leader and party.
First past the post and then bow to the leader like a trained seal. Lobbyists continue as per usual to grease the skids in their masters direction. Screw the constituants they become irrelevant for another four years.

In order to protect fish, we need to protect fish habitat. The conservatives, back in 2012 completely dismantled the fisheries act. The liberals have since then improved fish habitat and revamped the fisheries act. A vote for the conservatives likely won't amount to more fish in your freezer this year; but it will amount to less fish for ALL OF US in years to come. I'm not voting liberal, but I sure as hell am not voting conservative either. Hopefully, a few of you begin to understand how harmful a conservative government would be for our fish; if they were elected.

In order to protect fish, we need to protect fish habitat. The conservatives, back in 2012 completely dismantled the fisheries act. The liberals have since then improved fish habitat and revamped the fisheries act. A vote for the conservatives likely won't amount to more fish in your freezer this year; but it will amount to less fish for ALL OF US in years to come. I'm not voting liberal, but I sure as hell am not voting conservative either. Hopefully, a few of you begin to understand how harmful a conservative government would be for our fish; if they were elected.
Fully agree.
Not sure how some of you have forgotten. Legalizing affected your memory?

Your only commenting because you feel guilty for your choice. I hope the entire island goes conservative. But it won't happen because we like to elect parties that will never form governments here. Anyways good for you guys that you voted anyway. Greens will take Vic and Nanaimo and the NDP rest.

To be honest the election will most likely get decided out east anyway. Like I said island is famous for voting people that will never form a government. Then we ***** for 4 years that we have no say.

Back