a little help

V

V_fishing

I've been trying the fishing around the okanagan and been having no luck was just wodering if i could get some opinions on good lakes to fish around the okanagan and what types of lures and baits to use

Every time I go to the interior I see guys fishing in all these little lakes along the highway. There must be something that drawns them back?

Take only what you need.

All kinds of (small) Rainbows in lakes in/around the Okanagan and Bass in some places too.

Where are you fishing and what are you using?

If it's spin fishing for Trout a small spinner as shown is usually deadly, shiny or dark depending.

in-line_spinner.29483459.jpg

Bass are even easier in the cooler months.

Don't FF myself so I can't help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

If you have a boat with a heater okanagan lake has lots of big gerrard rainbows. Spent six months doing a course at okanagan college two winters ago. Went fishing and got fish every weekend. Big Fish,some over 20lbs, the old timers were amazed. Most saying they've been fishing that lake all there lives never catching fish that big."They like willow leaves to much I suspect" I caught on easy, pulled my boat up from the coast, it was loaded with salmon gear I started experimenting with what I had."Big Gear". Learn,t very quickly gerrards like the same gear as salmon. Had my best success on a medium size white plug with a faint pink stripe,. Favorite spot was snake island area across from Peaceland. There are some huge fish still in that lake. Stop at the little bar on the highway in peachland and check out the old commercial fishing pictures, used to get 40-50lb plus rainbows. Seen some huge fish on the sounder. Don't think it was the ogopogo but maybe?

I'm setting priorities & making time for fishing.

V, if you're not that other knucklehead with multiple names, the only lakes open are big ones like Okanagan, Mara, Shuswap. The rest are frozen, so that's why your post makes me suspicious. Try Beaver Lake for ice fishing for trout, and Wood Lake soon for ice fishing kokanee. Gone Fishen called it; troll with plugs, bucktails or salmon spoons on Ok Lake. There was an article in the paper last week about the one guide on Okanagan Lake. He expects 0-2 fish in six hours of chilly trolling in Okanagan Lake during Nov-March. One rod each or two if you are alone(dumb rule since you can only keep one over 50 centimetres anyway-why can't we stack the rods, get a fish and go home before hypothermia sets in?)

Back